Beginners and Beyond

In denial MonDAILIES (Read 33 times)

sdWhiskers

6 recovery miles.

Took the day off and we're headed to a water park! Will be a blast, as long as I don't miss any spots with the sun screen.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

😔

I'm gonna try and get home by 1, go for a run before picking Dorian up from school.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Lauren...Congrats on the race. It's good to be reminded that running is fun sometimes Smile Nice work laying the hammer down at the end. I imagine passing all the people that had gone out too fast was a whole lot of fun. Easing into a race is definitely my favorite approach.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lauren, nice job on the race!  I need to find that feeling which I seem to have lost in 2019.  The last 4 marathon DNFs have been full of not caring and not enjoying it and just nerves, I guess.  Working on that before Chicago.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Congrats on the race, Lauren! It always sucks when something that brought you joy turns into just one more pressure in your life, so it's nice to get a reminder of why we do what we do.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

LRB

I ran 6 of the ugliest miles ever. (Audience in unison; HOW UGLY WERE THEY?) They were so ugly that they were over qualified for the ugly contest. lol

The timing could not be better (for a masochist) since this is a semi peak week. 

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon, how does one’s body feel, after completing (and kicking ass!) in an IM?!

Honestly feels like I got the crap kicked out of me.  Obviously my legs, but also my back, shoulders, arms, and traps.  Everything is sore to the touch, and I could not sleep least night.  They say an Ironman does about seven years worth of damage to you body, and it feels like it.  But, you recover.  Congrats on your marathon yesterday, by the way!  Sounds like it was rough, but it's always an accomplishment to finish one of those things.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Wife and I paid for a hotel through tonight but I just want to get home, so we hit the road at 9:45 after buying finisher jackets at the race.  Currently two hours from home outside Albany, NY.  I drove the first 6 hours but ran out of figurative gas, so wife took over driving duties.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

40 minutes on the spin bike & core work.

Lauren, congrats on a well run race!

Baboon, the driving home post Iron Man sounds like a form of torture.