Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES seem like Sunday (Read 41 times)

I'm just hoping that Eric's not regretting it!  It is busy right now, but I think things will settle down once we're through the first few weeks.  Plus after that point, things will be automated, so we'll never need to dig through RWOL threads looking for posts ever again.

Hopefully things will work as planned, but realistically there are startup glitches with just about everything. So I'm more hopeful that people will be patient.

Dave

Zelanie

Hopefully things will work as planned, but realistically there are startup glitches with just about everything. So I'm more hopeful that people will be patient.

Yeah.  It's not like you can realistically run a simulation to test out the entire year before the game starts, so we're having to see how things are working and adjust on the fly.  This mileage log bug is turning out to be tougher than it seemed at first, for example.

This mileage log bug is turning out to be tougher than it seemed at first, for example.

Yeah, the whole basis for the game is pulling the mileage from people's logs, so if that doesn't work....

It is weird, because at first it incorrectly showed my mileage for the whole week, then yesterday it was fixed & only showed the mileage for the day, and now it's back to showing the whole week. I can report this if you want, but I figured everyone is having the same issue so I'd sit back & wait for it to get sorted.

Dave

Zelanie

Yeah, the whole basis for the game is pulling the mileage from people's logs, so if that doesn't work....

It is weird, because at first it incorrectly showed my mileage for the whole week, then yesterday it was fixed & only showed the mileage for the day, and now it's back to showing the whole week. I can report this if you want, but I figured everyone is having the same issue so I'd sit back & wait for it to get sorted.

The problem this week is that it's the only week where it won't just be automatically pulling the entire week for the total, so that issue shouldn't come up again.

There was a separate issue with the various ways in which people log their runs, I think, and that appears to be partially fixed at this point.  I think we have enough examples of things not working for now that there's no need to report additional, unless it gets fixed again and yours is still not working.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

At Midnite on New Year's Day I did the Fort Sam Houston Midnight 5K.  Then I got up later that morning and went and did the Cobweb Chaser 5K.   This morning I went again to Fort Sam and did a very easy 3.1 miles around the post in some drizzling rain and light wind.  On Sunday morning I have a Trail Run 5K. With all this rain we've been having, I imagine the trails are going to be pretty darn muddy.

Here is something funny to watch...Scottydog Runs! .  This was my finish at the Cobweb Chaser 5K on New Year's Day morning.  The company that did the results also videoed all the finishers coming in.  I am wearing a tan shirt, my black gloves and my braces. Don't I look so graceful and smooth?     Well, at least I didn't fall down, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca1XflQZYCg&feature=youtu.be&t=17m41s

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Half Crazy K 2.0

9.3 and core work.

StepbyStep-SH

Guess I didn't have time to post earlier - I thought I had. 9 miles with friends, including The Beast - a steady 500' climb over a little more than a mile.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, Scotty!

Ran 6 outside.  A bit cooler at around 80F but the Summer bugs are still around; that's how humid it is.  At least I got to run outside.

Damaris

onemile

I ran 8 but my garmin ate it.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

That guy is from my neck of the woods, and pretty legit tri-guy. A friend of a training buddy - word has it the rest of the race was more brutal than his Kona events!

Oh and cyberic - Boston for me too - but not my next race ( I race nearly every weekend)

You could always go out and win the first mile, like this guy did.