Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #256 (Read 27 times)

DavePNW

There's an older Asian man that lives a few houses away. I see him every morning since April walking loops around his backyard. Do you know what a SoCal backyard looks like? It is probably the same sq ft as your house   but he chugs along. And has these sweet giant headphones from the the 80s with a huge antenna.

You can do this! Lol

No I can’t. I don’t have the sweet headphones.

MTA: there was also that guy who ran a marathon around his balcony, so hmm...

Honestly I know we’re supposed to stay indoors, but I’m sure the indoor air quality isn’t great either. It’s all coming from the same place ultimately, we’re not hermetically sealed.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We know you’re going to run that 1 mile. Go!

Damaris

delicate flower

10.4 miles with RP.

We ran along the coast which was apparently the non-official Boston virtual marathon course. Water stops set up and lots of Boston gear to be seen. Totally cheating though. Overcast, low 60s with light coastal breeze plus flat and beautiful scenery IS NOT THE SAME as Boston (so I hear). Hopefully people were able to make the best of it.

Can confirm, although I ran in the Connecticut suburbs and not along the California coast.  The window to run Virtual Boston was supposed to end Monday, but they have extended that indefinitely for folks affected by the West Coast fires.  I thought that was a nice move on BAA's part.  Hopefully everybody out there running is safe and breathing in some decent air.

Be safe out there, you West Coasters.  We're all thinking about you on the other side of the country.

<3

delicate flower

I ran my Virtual Boston in 3:17:45.  Just hard enough to hit my goal of running a BQ that doesn't count.  Definitely not a full on marathon effort, but not an easy jog either.  Easily the steadiest marathon I have run...barely any fade at all.   I am glad that is done.  Marathon #13!  It counts because BAA says it counts...it just wasn't a qualifier.

<3

sdWhiskers

I ran my Virtual Boston in 3:17:45.  Just hard enough to hit my goal of running a BQ that doesn't count.  Definitely not a full on marathon effort, but not an easy jog either.  Easily the steadiest marathon I have run...barely any fade at all.   I am glad that is done.  Marathon #13!  It counts because BAA says it counts...it just wasn't a qualifier.

AWESOME!!!

It definitely counts.

DavePNW

Damn! You are one up on me now! I guess I need to schedule my virtual. Not gonna happen today. 

Great job though! Wish I’d been there, maybe you could’ve paced me to a PR. Which we’ve determined would have counted.

Dave

delicate flower

Damn! You are one up on me now! I guess I need to schedule my virtual. Not gonna happen today. 

Great job though! Wish I’d been there, maybe you could’ve paced me to a PR. Which we’ve determined would have counted.

For the record, I would have counted this as a PR.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Phil!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I signed up for the virtual IMM, I need a few 25-26 mile runs this winter along with a couple 30 milers so I figured why not get a medal for some 26.2's 🤷

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

KCRuns

Congrats, Baboon! That’s a great run!

It was raining again this morning, so I did 3 on the treadmill.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baboon, congrats on the virtual Boston. Now you can proudly wear the Boston jacket--maybe take a picture for some of the folks on the Boston thread.

GinnyinPA

Baboon - congratulations on another BQ, even if it doesn't quite count. It's hard to push yourself when running solo. Nice job.

I ran 7 cool damp miles. It felt like ocean air, though we are well inland.

RunningOnSand

Baboon, congrats on the virtual Boston. Now you can proudly wear the Boston jacket--maybe take a picture for some of the folks on the Boston thread.

LOL.

I ran 4.5 miles this morning and it was lovely. The crisper air feels delightful.

Dave and Whiskers, that really sucks about your air quality. Wow, that's terrible.

Phil, congratulations. That's one hell of a marathon.

Onemile, I hope your back & hips start feeling better soon.

Cyberic

Great job, man! It's all about how honest you are (people are), because if you're doing it right, of course it counts! Great result, too, and by that I also include the way you felt and executed.

I saw many people I never see in "my park" yesterday, running seriously, and at a good clip. Virtual Bostoners, I'm pretty sure.

LRB

26.2 miles never is, even if the result suggests it.

Nice run. I think I'm more impressed with those running virtual marathons than traditional marathons. I just don't have it in me to do that.