Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #47 (Read 29 times)

onemile

I wanted to run under 1:10, settled on a goal of 1:09 because the past couple of years, that would have been good enough for the top ten females. I finished seventeenth, seventh AG. I ran 1:07:49. 😑

But it’s a PR, so no complaints! By TWO WHOLE SECONDS.

Congrats!

RunningOnSand

Oy, my coach gave me 8 miles tomorrow. I'm just doing that look right now as I read my schedule for next week.

haha. Busy schedule?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeap, first 50+ mile week in a while (Disney was a 50 mile week but that wasn't really a training week, but rather forced by the HM and the marathon). And 8 after 18 is something I used to do fine but now I'm like wut?

Damaris

DavePNW

Marathon recovery is no joke.

Truth.

Dave

onemile

Thanks, people! 

Ah, I've found Daniels to be more akin to my actual abilities than McMillan, because he's less generous for the shorter distances and more generous for the shorter ones... I'm only a couple of seconds away from his predictions for 1M and 5K, and I haven't actually beaten the marathon prediction (but I have beaten the HM).

McMillan rates my marathon as my best time whereas Daniels gives me a 1 minute faster marathon equivalent based on my HM PR

DavePNW

Ooh, but you were 2 sec/mi faster than me!

14 miles, making it a 60 mile week.

Dave

DavePNW

Ah, I've found Daniels to be more akin to my actual abilities than McMillan, because he's less generous for the shorter distances and more generous for the shorter ones... I'm only a couple of seconds away from his predictions for 1M and 5K, and I haven't actually beaten the marathon prediction (but I have beaten the HM).

Daniels predicts faster marathons than McMillan. I can never make McMillan predictions, so Daniels is out of the question.

Dave

onemile

Ooh, but you were 2 sec/mi faster than me!

Only because I didn't include the recoveries during the relay on my Garmin.  My usual avg pace is slower

bluerun

Super B****

Daniels predicts faster marathons than McMillan. I can never make McMillan predictions, so Daniels is out of the question.

I was so busy confusing myself with the more/less generous part, I didn't notice I said the same thing twice 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Only because I didn't include the recoveries during the relay on my Garmin.  My usual avg pace is slower

My average pace trend over the last 5 weeks - 8:41, 8:30, 8:22, 8:19, 8:13. I am not sure whether this is meaningful. I have been increasing the speed work, but also easy & LR paces have been picking up.

Dave

DavePNW

I was so busy confusing myself with the more/less generous part, I didn't notice I said the same thing twice 

The nice thing about being around here long enough is that we all knew what you meant anyway.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

The nice thing about being around here long enough is that we all knew what you meant anyway.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

Yeap, first 50+ mile week in a while (Disney was a 50 mile week but that wasn't really a training week, but rather forced by the HM and the marathon). And 8 after 18 is something I used to do fine but now I'm like wut?

Yeah that isn't something to scoff at. Aside from actual marathons, I don't remember the last time I ran 18 as part of a training run. Well actually scratch that--2015.

onemile

My average pace trend over the last 5 weeks - 8:41, 8:30, 8:22, 8:19, 8:13. I am not sure whether this is meaningful. I have been increasing the speed work, but also easy & LR paces have been picking up.

I think my average pace was slower last cycle but I ran my marathon faster which is what matters to me

I ran a lot of runs around 9 minute miles. I figure if it's okay for my coach who runs a 5:30 pace marathon it's okay for me

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah that isn't something to scoff at. Aside from actual marathons, I don't remember the last time I ran 18 as part of a training run. Well actually scratch that--2015.

I have a 20 on Friday too!

It's also been a while since I've trained outside. And this area is hilly (today's run had an elevation gain of around 500 and that is a lot for me), so Fishers, IN is kicking my ass.

Damaris