Beginners and Beyond

Stop Lurking & Start Posting SaturDAILIES (Read 298 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I'm back from my two runs this morning.  The first was 6 miles, for which I was totally over dressed and over heated even though the "feels like" temp was 12.  It was a good, uphill tempo session and I was glad that the other guy didn't back out considering it was dark, cold, and somewhat icy.  After that I stripped down and joined the rest of the group runners for another 7 miles at an easy pace.  All in all, it was a great day of running. 

Apparently next Saturday we're going up to the national parks area for 17 trail miles that go past 3 waterfalls.  I guess this is the 6th year of the run, and something like 200+ runners show up to do it, so it should be really neat.  This type of thing is just another example of how getting a new running store in town has totally changed my running for the better, and completely re-energized it.

LRB...I forget what thread I was looking in, but man can you make some crazy faces!  Good stuff.

Tom...Florida Christmas sounds so nice.  I'm not one of those guys that needs snow to have it feel like the holidays.  And I love vacation running too.  I hope you get to enjoy some miles down there.

Weezer...Sounds like your morning was about like mine.  Knowing some others will be out there too makes it so much easier to get going, at least for me.

D....Like I said on our other thread...I'm so sorry!

Step...Cute drummer boy reference Smile  I hope you have a good run and workout, and then blow all your calories burned on those great cookies you're making!

April...yep, you don't want to disappoint anyone but depriving them of cakeballs!  I hope the conditions weren't too bad.

FlaRnnr...Nice job on the 15!  Smart choice of course too.

Luke...That's a great vacation!  Will you run extra, or just enjoy the rest and down time?  Have a good run today.

Robert...Hey, way to end the lazy streak where you did and get out there again.  That gets harder to do the longer you wait.  Congrats on surpassing your goal, and good luck finishing off that new goal too!

Sparker...Don't go getting in too much trouble with that house to yourself!  I hope you have a good run and workout.

Bplus...Great job getting up early to get it done.  Enjoy those miles.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm a lurker! *waves hi*

I post on the Penguins dailies, but sometimes lurk over here to see what you all are up to.

But with LRB's command to stop that lurking, I thought I would check in with you guys too! I've noticed a lot of Penguins post in both places, so I'm not cheating on my igloo.

SRD for me today, but I have a yoga class later this afternoon. Yesterday I ended up skipping a planned morning run because it was pouring rain and gusting wind when I woke up, and plus I have a but of a head cold right now and felt awful yesterday morning. I got home from work early at just after 4:00 (usually I get home after 8:00 and running isn't really an option so if I miss my morning run I need to make it up another day) and felt better, so since there was some daylight left I laced up and got out there. Ended up running to a neighborhood about 2 miles away that is famous for going all-out with Christmas decorations. We're talking thousands of lights, 15 food high santas, mechanical flying reindeer, the works. Was a lovely 5 mile run that got me in the Christmas spirit!

Have a good day everyone!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Luke79

Grats on the return to the darkside LRB.  Nice pace too for your first run back.

I ended up doing 5.2 @ 9:38 on the trails.  It was FREEZING (well, like 36°Wink.  I'm a total cold weather wuss.  It's going to be 65° today lol.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Baboon...Participation is always the goal...I frequently fall short.  I've had a similar gift card that's been eating at me too, but I've held off a whole two months.  Once you use them they're gone, doh!  Enjoy the 7 later.

Nevergiveup...So nice to see you running regularly again.  I hope the miles are feeling good and that the Christmas crowds don't take too much out of you.

LRB...The streets!  Great news there.  Have fun with the Garmin too.  I found it to be life changing, and now it is essentially an appendage.  And, look how much more data you can give us when you share your runs now.  Without that Garmin, I might have only given you credit for 3.3 miles.

RMT3B...The run wasn't so bad.  I think that's the great thing with running though.  Once you're out there, it's never really that bad.  Nice job with yesterday's run, and enjoy the recovery today too.  Adding a recovery pace has been huge for me so far this session.  Were you using that pace training for your first?  It took me way too long to figure out that I should incorporate it.

Lily...When you say hilly run, do you mean hilly TM run?  Not that I'm diminishing you're effort, I'm just curious since I recall reading that most of your miles are done on the mill.  Honestly, you could kick my butt on the TM.  I'm terrible on that thing.  I wish I had some ideas for ya, but I'm fresh out.  Old people always like grapefruits, don't they?  Or trail balogna?

Beth...Looks like I get a double dose of you today ha!  Thanks for keeping up with us on the other thread so often lately, it's nice to have you in there.

Sus...I guess we all new this "winter" thing was coming sooner or later!  I'm glad to see that you were feeling better and able to get out.  Running while sick definitely can take a bit out of your paces, but at least it's not a fitness issue.

Mucknort...Enjoy that trip - sounds great!

Kay...Sorry you won't be able to get out today.  Hopefully those 7 tomorrow will be healthy and strong.  Cooking for 12 is kinda like running a marathon, no?

Shakedown Street

SRD

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

@runjerseygirl

3.39 miles

9:01 pace per mile

I was tempted to extend it a bit but all in good time, my little pretties - all in good time. 

These things must be done delicately, or you hurt the spell!

Awesome!  :happydance:

Do you even run?

hog4life

Yo, what up Dailies? I'm looking for 9-10 after DW and I finish some last minute stuff.
                So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yo, what up Dailies? I'm looking for 9-10 after DW and I finish some last minute stuff.

Umm, Hog...is that a thinly veiled reference to hanky panky?

YAYpril - B-Plus

Did my 4 trail miles with the group + breakfast. Cakeballs were a hit. They're all gone.

@runjerseygirl

Kay...Sorry you won't be able to get out today.  Hopefully those 7 tomorrow will be healthy and strong.  Cooking for 12 is kinda like running a marathon, no?

Yeah,  maybe I can add that to my year-end accomplishments for 2012, LOL!  Big grin

Do you even run?

B-Plus

SIAR - great runs LRB - Congrats! It must be a good feeling. I ran 14.3 @ 8:31. I only saw one other runner and 2 walkers. I'm working OT now and then I'm off for 10 days. Have a great Saturday all.
                        LRB

LTB, your wish is my command!!!  Not much time for personals but wanted to say hi!!

Hey darling!  I love your avatar!

SUS, you're funny!  Welcome back.

Supp X, hopin' for a better run today.

Muck, I didn't run for two months and still posted.  We hope you do the same! 

Thanks Kay, supp Kristin, Hog, B-Plus, April!

SIAR, I realized relatively quickly that there were about 17,000 screens flashing information that I don't need to see while running! 

For the immediate future I'll have two screens; run time, pace, distance, heart rate.  Done.

Purple Toes

Morning Runners!

DR sorry about your fall! Ouch! 

I'm sooooo happy to have a 4 day weekend. I'm sure I will be running at some point today--hopefully at least 8 miles--but for now I'm doing quite well lounging on sofa.

Have a great day everyone!

Will run for scenery.

LRB : Do not - I repeat DO NOT - celebrate by watching the YouTube video of Mick Jagger and David Bowie singing "Dancin' in the Street". Just don't.

D: That sucks! I hope it isn't serious.

Yikes! You ice runners are bad ass!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

Time to update my running log with a big fat 3.39 miles, yeah baby wassup!

I like the concept of having the log readily viewable, it will help keep me honest. 

On those days that I don't feel like running, I'll remember that my graph could always use more color!  Wink