Beginners and Beyond

Resting WednesDailies (Read 19 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I have a scheduled rest day today.  Looks like others may be resting too, given how quiet it is here.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Workday rest day here

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 miles. Felt harder than it should.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

RD for me.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

2500 yard swim and 7.3 mile tempo run done, both went well.

<3

sdWhiskers

Just 3 miles. Had a 7am meeting with people from Japan and the UK...likely the worst combination of time zones possible. Took the meeting at home but then needed to get to the office shortly afterwards so finished my run at 630am 

LRB

I ran 6.

I'm currently dealing with a left glute/hip/groin thing that had been long since forgotten but is back with a vengeance. Not to worry, where the younger me would've worried and stressed over it, the older, wiser me will just slice my ass cheek off and keep right on stepping. lol

DavePNW

Hi LRB!

Just 3 miles. Had a 7am meeting with people from Japan and the UK...likely the worst combination of time zones possible. Took the meeting at home but then needed to get to the office shortly afterwards so finished my run at 630am 

5 AM meeting for me!  It was a global company town hall, so they try to cover everyone. And it was a big one today, because we just announced a major merger/acquisition. That's 9 PM in Japan, so I guess my time is better?? Anyway the dog must've had it in his Outlook calendar, because he woke me up at 4:30. Of course my big issue is not so much waking up early, as interfering with my running schedule. This meeting was 5-7 and I had another one at 8, so I only had time to squeeze in 4 miles between them.

Dave

sdWhiskers

5 AM meeting for me!  It was a global company town hall, so they try to cover everyone. And it was a big one today, because we just announced a major merger/acquisition. That's 9 PM in Japan, so I guess my time is better?? Anyway the dog must've had it in his Outlook calendar, because he woke me up at 4:30. Of course my big issue is not so much waking up early, as interfering with my running schedule. This meeting was 5-7 and I had another one at 8, so I only had time to squeeze in 4 miles between them.

Hopefully a merger isn't bad for you?

Our global meetings are usually at 5am PT, then repeated at 5pm. And recordings are available.

DavePNW

Hopefully a merger isn't bad for you?

Our global meetings are usually at 5am PT, then repeated at 5pm. And recordings are available.

It shouldn’t be bad for me. Except probably my sales budget will go up, to pay for it.  The other company has a product line that’s complementary, without much overlap. So presumably the personnel redundancies will be mostly in administrative functions. The knowledge side of it will be a challenge though. I am in sales but it helps to know the products at a reasonable level of technical depth. When I started 3 years ago, we had two main types of technology. Over the next couple years we came out with three new ones, which was a steep learning curve; now there will be a few more.

Our meetings don’t repeat, but they’re all recorded. Supposedly—I remember missing one and could never find the recording. Plus I usually don’t trust myself to take the time to watch the recording.

Dave