Beginners and Beyond

blahblahblah Fifth Avenue Mile blahblahblah (Read 49 times)

LRB

Any kid's 1 mile fun runs that are chip timed around you? 

I've run one of those. It's horrible standing at the start line with a bunch of newlywed moms pushing strollers and beer-gut toting dads with a half smoked cigarette in their hand.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry you did not get the results you wanted but, dang...I just got tired READING your time.  I am always impressed with people that can run a pace like that. I think you did great!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Pretty darn good execution, blue.  That's got to be torture to run up an incline at your MILE effort.  I mean, damn.  

<3

workinprogress11

Dang, you're fast.

That at is all.

bluerun

Super B****

You both did great. blue is just the type that would cut off her nose to spite her face. lol

She's incredibly tough on herself, and has been since the beginning so there is consistency there.

Some might say that would be an improvement, not spiteful!    I'm trying to remember how I laughed at 6:20 at the beginning of June, but that was then.  This is now.  And even if I run a slew of 5:59 time trials before I get to race the mile again (which is not going to happen, but IF IT DID), it wouldn't really count for anything.  Except to tell me that I can do it, which will just make me even more annoyed.

You ran a great race.  So close to McMillan...next time, without the hill, you'll have no problem!

Thanks... I can only hope!  Far as I can recall, the North Avenue Mile is flat, so that should help.  But it's still such a long time to wait.

That's just cruel to put a hill/incline/anything up in a mile race. I know nothing about racing a mile, but I would think there is so little time to adjust. Congrats on the PR< even if you aren't thrilled with it.

Any kid's 1 mile fun runs that are chip timed around you? 

Apparently I don't know anything about it either, so we have that in common!

There's an idea!  Except ... aren't "fun runs," by definition, untimed?  

Pretty darn good execution, blue.  That's got to be torture to run up an incline at your MILE effort.  I mean, damn.  

I'm sure it must be, but I wouldn't know, because I didn't do that.  

I mean, seriously.  I look way too relaxed to have just raced a mile!! (And in the next photo, taken a few seconds later, I just look really royally pissed off.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You really need to find an open developmental track meet where you can race a mile on the track.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Ugh, sorry Blue.

There are no miles out in the 'burbs or anything?  A year is too long to wait for redemption!

bluerun

Super B****

You really need to find an open developmental track meet where you can race a mile on the track.

Ugh, sorry Blue.

There are no miles out in the 'burbs or anything?  A year is too long to wait for redemption!

The mile seems to be more of a summer thing, apparently.  It's not a year, it's actually nine months (North Avenue is in June), but that's still a really long ass time to wait!!

chasing the impossible

The mile seems to be more of a summer thing, apparently.  It's not a year, it's actually nine months (North Avenue is in June), but that's still a really long ass time to wait!!

NYRR Night at the Races series. Starts in Jan. Thurs nights at Armory.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                    bluerun

Super B****

NYRR Night at the Races series. Starts in Jan. Thurs nights at Armory.

Hmm!  I knew about the Tuesday night speed series, didn't know they had them in January too.  I don't think I love the idea of a track mile but it's better than waiting until next summer -- I might give it a shot.  Thanks!!

chasing the impossible