Beginners and Beyond

Race finish pics (or any other racing pic) (Read 37 times)

onemile

My BQ. Steps from the finish but still trying to squeeze out every second. Because you never know how much you need.

you look like you are being chased by zombies 

onemile

one of my favorite race pics, from Cinco de Mile last year. Running with DS in the kid's race

This is awesome

you look like you are being chased by zombies 

Ha, yeah the zombies are the ones finishing their 3-hour half.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I'm in the purple.

That time that the photographer evidently didn't get a pic of me finishing, and so he/she superimposed me into the finishing line photo. 

Indy Monumental 2018

Cyberic

RoS you already explained that, but what's the story again with the pic superposition? How do you know? Looks like the real thing.

RunningOnSand

RoS you already explained that, but what's the story again with the pic superposition? How do you know? Looks like the real thing.

b/c I'd taken off my arm warmers sometime around the halfway point. Maybe a bit after.

Cyberic

b/c I'd taken off my arm warmers sometime around the halfway point. Maybe a bit after.

Well, the photographer did a great job. Fools me!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And Indy does not have a painted logo on the floor somewhere on the course like in Chicago?  The one in Chicago makes it seems like you are at the finish but it's not the finish, it's like Mile 13 or 10 or whatever.  Like this.  I ask because the finish line at Indy in my photos does not have that logo neither in 2016 nor in 2017.

Damaris

LRB

Well, the photographer did a great job. Fools me!

It's actually mile 6 ish. Here is me at the same point during my DNF in 2015.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's actually mile 6 ish. Here is me at the same point during my DNF in 2015.

Yes, that was what I was wondering.  the finish line is bare of anything, I think.

Damaris

LRB

And Indy does not have a painted logo on the floor somewhere on the course like in Chicago?  The one in Chicago makes it seems like you are at the finish but it's not the finish, it's like Mile 13 or 10 or whatever.  Like this.  I ask because the finish line at Indy in my photos does not have that logo neither in 2016 nor in 2017.

No, there is no logo at the finish at Indy. It's just after you cross the 10k mat.

LRB

Yes, that was what I was wondering.  the finish line is bare of anything, I think.

Correct. There is the archway and the timing mats. Nothing is painted on the ground.

LRB

My PR marathon a million years ago. I'm not sure I knew what day it was at that point. That was HARD.

RunningOnSand

No, there is no logo at the finish at Indy. It's just after you cross the 10k mat.

Oh! That makes so much more sense, now!!! Ha. I'd been sharing that pic with people saying it was my finishing photo. 

Cyberic

My PR marathon a million years ago. I'm not sure I knew what day it was at that point. That was HARD.

1-2-3 GO!