Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins (Read 17 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!

I'm glad today is a lighter running day -- just to and from the Y.  My legs felt dead after yesterday's run.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

How many of you consider this YOUR day?  Cuz March 10 is International Day of Awesomeness!   Bring out your awesomeness today!

Nice run/walk after work yesterday in spite of the crappy weather San Antonio is having; this is our 3rd straight day of rain, which we badly need, but I could do without that accompanying 20 - 30 mph wind.  Never-the-less I felt pretty darn good out there and at least it was not a cold wind, the temp was around 70, although with this front it was darn humid as all get out.  Even so, I'd planned do to 3 but felt really good once I got going so ended up doing 4 miles instead.

Today, more rain and wind, but I will still get out there after work and get some miles in.  Once again, just play it by ear, letting how I feel determine how far I will go today.  Nice not to be training for anything, lol, just can get out there and do whatever I want.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Philliefan33

I did 3 miles of fartleks this morning. Now it's time for a walk with my friend, who will think I'm awesome because I can run 3 mikes and still have enough strength to walk three miles with her.🙄

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Working on getting my instruments all woken up properly, then I'll let them settle and pump tonight, and run through all my calibrations tomorrow.  Glad to be back in the air conditioning!!  Quartet rehearsal last night was really good -- we ran through our package a couple of times, feeling better about how it's all coming along.  Just three more rehearsals until we put it on stage!!  Chorus rehearsal tonight, hope it goes well too!

Jill -- Hoping for lighter legs for you!!

Scotty -- Woo-hoo for your soggy windy miles!!

Phillie -- We think you're awesome too!!  Enjoy the walk!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

I have a rest day from running (I'm in week 6 of my HM plan) but I will go to the gym and do some core work.

See ya.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi Pens.

I have a rest day from running (I'm in week 6 of my HM plan) but I will go to the gym and do some core work.

See ya.

When is your half marathon and which one are you doing?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

When is your half marathon and which one are you doing?

April 24 and it's in Ojai, CA. Wife and I will make a long weekend out of it but she isn't running. She is training for a marathon on May 29th. There is also a HM that day so I am going to run that.

Zelanie

Morning! About to get on a plane to head home. Then I work this evening and have my tempo run later. 10 with 7 at MP. We will see. I could do it tomorrow but it might be nice to have it done.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  Back from the dentist and have been working from home with half of my mouth numb.  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning! About to get on a plane to head home. Then I work this evening and have my tempo run later. 10 with 7 at MP. We will see. I could do it tomorrow but it might be nice to have it done.

Going out for a run after a plane trip would probably not happen in my world!  Hope yours is awesome!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Afternoon!  Back from the dentist and have been working from home with half of my mouth numb.  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

I hate that numb feeling!!

I just got back from a haircut and a walk.  Both of which were all kinds of happy-making!