Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES - Also known as Friday Jr (Read 32 times)

onemile

Landing in Rome, then Florence, Milan, Verone, and finally Venise (sorry for the French names. Not sure of the names in English). 28 days total.

As awesome as that sounds, I am good for about 2 weeks max and ready to come home

LRB

LRB

And yes, the return is a Strava segment, but I'm so far off the pace I don't even show up on the first page.  Unless you just look at this year, then I'm 19 of 93.  It's a 1.3 mile segment and the top time this year is 7:47.  That's a 5:47 pace FFS.  Who is that dude?

One of the Avengers chasing Loki, apparently.

No more marathons

I wouldn't call it racing, but my first year of running I ran every run HARD. I compared the times and even points along the way of a given route and got pissed if it was not as fast as those before it. There were other times where I ran a lot at medium effort.

Nowadays, I run which such little effort, that I could probably have a slowest run contest. lol

Uh huh.  I resemble this remark.

Except I haven't outgrown the urge to run each run faster.

You'd think I'd learn.  But noooooooo.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Landing in Rome, then Florence, Milan, Verone, and finally Venise (sorry for the French names. Not sure of the names in English). 28 days total.

Wow, that sounds great.

DW and I are going for 8 days - 25th wedding anniversary.

Our honeymoon was a 10 day hike across the Pyrenees in Spain, so a trip to Italy seems like a fitting silver anniversary.

Most of the time will be spent in Florence, but we plan to take a day trip to Venice - because, well Venice.  

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

As awesome as that sounds, I am good for about 2 weeks max and ready to come home

Yep, DW can't leave the GSD for more than a week before she goes into serious withdrawal.

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sweet.  We did all that in 14 days and we missed some stuff.  ENjoy the sights!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This was us.  When we arrived in Rome on Day 8, we were done.  Fortunately, Rome was entertaining, but 2 weeks is as long as we like.

Damaris

onemile

This was us.  When we arrived in Rome on Day 8, we were done.  Fortunately, Rome was entertaining, but 2 weeks is as long as we like.

That sounds exactly what happened when I went there. I remember walking around the Vatican museum and I was too tired to even care

DavePNW

Roma, Firenze, Milano, Verona, Venezia. Just use the Italian names, might as well practice.

We did all that except Verona in about 10 days on our honeymoon, for the longest vacation of my life. It was awesome.

Dave

DavePNW

Wow, that sounds great.

DW and I are going for 8 days - 25th wedding anniversary.

Our honeymoon was a 10 day hike across the Pyrenees in Spain, so a trip to Italy seems like a fitting silver anniversary.

Most of the time will be spent in Florence, but we plan to take a day trip to Venice - because, well Venice.  

Florence was our favorite. Our 25th is in 2 years, we better start planning. Honestly no idea what it's going to be. We really did nothing on our 20th.

Dave

DavePNW

Does everyone who gets up at 5am to run feel completely spent by 7pm?  I have just not had any energy in the evenings lately.

What's an evening? You mean that thing where I sit in traffic for >1 hr, eat dinner, watch Jeopardy, pack my lunch & gym bag, and get in bed by 9:00? On the plus side, it's pretty rare that I have trouble falling asleep, at least by around 10 (of course staying asleep can be a different matter).

Dave

Cyberic

Roma, Firenze, Milano, Verona, Venezia. Just use the Italian names, might as well practice.

Yeah. The woman practised her Italian a lot, she's been at it for months. I'm a lazy bastard. I have been all my life.

After 10-14 days, you stop (at least I do) looking at everything and start enjoying (or not) living as a (jobless) local. Lots of just hanging around. You get better at finding local shops to buy food, buying your grocery in grocery stores, ordering in restaurants, reading signs, etc. That is actually the part I like. The first 7-10 days are exhausting when all my days will be filled with visiting ruins, churches and all that shit. After that is when most people have had enough, and when it starts getting better for me. We do not stay in hotels, but go AirBnB and rent apartments. But after 28 days I'll be dying to be back home.

DavePNW

After 10-14 days, you stop (at least I do) looking at everything and start enjoying (or not) living as a (jobless) local. Lots of just hanging around. You get better at finding local shops to buy food, buying your grocery in grocery stores, ordering in restaurants, reading signs, etc. That is actually the part I like. The first 7-10 days are exhausting when all my days will be filled with visiting ruins, churches and all that shit. After that is when most people have had enough, and when it starts getting better for me. We do not stay in hotels, but go AirBnB and rent apartments. But after 28 days I'll be dying to be back home.

Very European of you. I had a German colleague who used to say the vacation doesn't really start till the third week. I cannot imagine taking even two full weeks off.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That sounds exactly what happened when I went there. I remember walking around the Vatican museum and I was too tired to even care

Yes!  I wish I had done Rome first for that reason.  My main issue was the food.  I love pasta but after 10 days of nothing BUT pasta, I saw the Hard Rock Café in Rome and went nuts.  A burger, yay!

Damaris