Beginners and Beyond

NCAA tourney thread aka America stops working for two days (Read 47 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Since like three or four of us RA folk actually pay attention to this tournament, a thread is in order.  Who ya got?  I picked Arizona, not because I believe they will win but because everybody else is picking Kentucky and that's boring.  I have no horse in this race so I really only care about my bracket.  I only fill out one, and I've won my office pool twice in the last 15 years (100 or so people enter).  My last win was 2009 so I am due.

<3

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I do have a horse in this race...Go Cyclones !!!

cjones1

My interest in college basketball has been inversely proportionate to the success of my alma mater, Southern Illinois.  They have been trending WAY downward for the last 7 years or so.  This year, I haven't watched a single game so I am clueless, other than I know UK is undefeated.  So I was leaning towards not filling out a bracket this year.  I figured it would pretty liberating.  In the end, I logged onto Espn.com last night and filled out 10 brackets. Smile

If I'm rooting for anybody, I'd have to go with my Salukis fellow Missouri Valley schools Northern Iowa and Wichita St..  After they are out, I'm strictly rooting for the underdog.  Oh yeah, and I want Kentucky to get embarrassed at some point, since I live pretty close, and their fans are just insufferable.  The sooner they lose, the sooner I can make fun of them on Facebook. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Villanova in an upset of Kentucky reminiscent of their 1985 win over Georgetown.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I do have a horse in this race...Go Cyclones !!!

...never mind !!!

Baboon

delicate flower

<3

LRB

My interest in college basketball has been inversely proportionate to the success of my alma mater...

Ditto.

Michigan fan.

Out.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ditto.

Michigan fan.

Out.

My condolences. DH is a fan too. Football season has not been good for him.

Baboon

delicate flower

aaaand two #3 seeds have already lost, essentially destroying every bracket in America just three games into the tournament.

<3

catwhoorg

Labrat

aaaand two #3 seeds have already lost, essentially destroying every bracket in America just three games into the tournament.

I didn't have either of them progressing beyond their next games anyway.

#damagecontrolled

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

LRB

Wow!

LRB

My condolences. DH is a fan too. Football season has not been good for him.

At least now we should field a competent team. That crap Brady Hoke put out there was an absolute joke.

DavePNW

My interest in college basketball has been inversely proportionate to the success of my alma mater, Southern Illinois.  

Take away the Southern, and you get my alma mater, and it's even worse.

Dave

cjones1

Take away the Southern, and you get my alma mater, and it's even worse.

I hear you, but SIU went from 6 straight tourneys to 7 straight losing seasons.

BYW, I'm running my next half at U of I in April. Pretty campus.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

DavePNW

I hear you, but SIU went from 6 straight tourneys to 7 straight losing seasons.

BYW, I'm running my next half at U of I in April. Pretty campus.

I thought it was a great place to go to school. And those were some of the Lou Henson glory years too. Haven't been back there in forever, but I've heard good things about the Illinois Marathon.

Back in my day, SIU had the reputation as the party school. Still? I thought was crazy, because things got pretty wild in Champaign.

Dave