Beginners and Beyond

Hot as Hell SaturDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

Yup!

Ran 10 with a few pickups at the end. Wore my Saucony Ride 9s. A little narrow, but a structured shoe sure felt nice.

Structured? I thought you were a neutral runner?

onemile

The rides are neutral

Cyberic

Maybe structured isn't the correct word. "More shoe" might be better. More cushioning, more upper, more everything. It also felt like my foot had to work less to stabilize, and that the shoe was doing it for me, thus me using the word "structured".

But I run in neutral shoes just because. I once bought a pair of Asics 2000s, that are supposedly structured shoes, and it didn't bother me at all.

RunningOnSand

Nice miles, Onemile!

Baboon, our forecast is always wrong, too. Glad it at least started raining so you could feel a bit vindicated on doing indoor bike time.

LRB, enjoy your massage. It's been ages since I had one, which reminds me I need to schedule something.

11 miles done.

zzyzx

It was warm and humid today with a strong wind so I knew I wouldn't get a really good time. Not helping matters was when I went to eat my first goo package and discovered that I dropped the other one. My body seems like one every 3-4 miles to keep the blood sugar up. Morale was low then and I thought about calling it a 5k and running the long run tomorrow but I pressed on. I finally got my second wind around mile 8 and hit 10.6 miles today (not bad with 5 more training runs before my half). My pace was a few seconds a mile slow but I'm going to call it a weather issue and be happy about the distance.

KCRuns

18 miles. It was 67 at the start, but 95% humidity, ugh. 80 at the end so the last couple of miles were more of a struggle than normal.  But it’s done.

Runshortii

Most people are showered and long removed from their run by 10:00 am on a Saturday morning. Me? Me, I'm sitting here acting as if the run is going to run itself. 

Nope that was me today lol. I don't think I got started until close to 11am. that's what working 12 hour shifts until midnight does to you. I ran 18 miles with the last two at MP. I felt fine til around mile 8 and then it started to suck. I also didn't realize I ran out of GU so I had no GU, but I stopped for water twice. I also inadvertently picked the hilliest route, because why not.

i did find the holy grail though, a public water fountain right next to a porta potty, both of which are rare finds in the country

Cyberic

Nice LRs KC and Shortii

Nice LRs KC and Shortii

This ^^ Well done. Eric- I use the Ride 9s sometimes. I know exactly what your saying about "more shoe". My pair has like 400mi on them and the treads look almost new. Its not a shoe I can do anything quick in though its just too heavy and slow feeling.

Got back from a little overnight get a way with the fam to Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster PA. Had a great time. Lots of walking around which didn't seem to bother my tendonitis/calf whatever the hell it is problem so thats good. Did a nice core workout this afternoon. Did Planks with oldest Son on my back, side planks, crunches, bridges with theraband, side leg raises, donkey kicks. Will probably hit the gym tomorrow for some squats. At least I can build some leg strength during this break. Should help.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Half Crazy K 2.0

2.5 easy miles on the treadmill.

If I'm out of the house before 9am on a weekend, that's early for me.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

With rain forecast I looked at the radar this morning and it seemed I had a chance to beat the heavy stuff, but as I was dressing there occurred one of the loudest peals of thunder we've had here in years, and for the next half hour it was just flashes and window-shaking bangs one after another. I opted not to run in that and just as the thunder eased off, the rain started coming down in sheets. Cut to the chase, I got out about 2 hours later than planned, but only dealt with light rain. 10 miles easy pace.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

GinnyinPA

Six miles. I didn't get out until 4 pm, so it was hot and humid, with a feels like temp. of 90+. I ran easy, drank a lot of water and didn't have too bad a run since I picked one of my easier routes and there was a bit more shade at that time of day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was raining so I thought I could go outside because it wasn't hot AF.  Then the sun came out (I have no shade here) and the dewpoint stayed at 77 dewpoint so I said FTS and finished the last 2 of my 7 on the TM.  It was nice to be outside until the fucking sun.

Damaris

Cyberic

I like your new profile pic, D!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I like your new profile pic, D!

That's how I was feeling before court on Wednesday. Smile

Damaris