Beginners and Beyond

Remembrance dailies (Wednesday) (Read 45 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

O

M

G

CORNY!!!  LOL

I can HEAR you rolling your eyes, lol.  Gail does that a lot too, having to live with me. Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jess runs for bacon

7 miles done at marathon pace. The fact that I did it on the hilly Runner's World course (albeit virtually, it's too hot outside for that shit) is making me confident I can get that pace down.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good practice for Space Coast's weather.

7 miles done at marathon pace. The fact that I did it on the hilly Runner's World course (albeit virtually, it's too hot outside for that shit) is making me confident I can get that pace down.

Damaris

LRB

7 miles done at marathon pace.

Like!

Jess runs for bacon

Good practice for Space Coast's weather.

It was 95 out...there's no way space coast will get that hot, right???

Thanks LrB Smile

Jess runs for bacon

Although race day temperatures have averaged 53 for the low and 73 for the high, be prepared for cool as well as warm weather. Florida weather is somewhat unpredictable in the later months of the year.

Ok I can handle up to 80. Ack I don't want to obsess about the weather yet!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was 95 out...there's no way space coast will get that hot, right???

Thanks LrB Smile

Well, it has gotten into the high 80s....

Last year it was in the 60s, from what I was told, but prior years has been hot.  Not 95F hot but hot.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Although race day temperatures have averaged 53 for the low and 73 for the high, be prepared for cool as well as warm weather. Florida weather is somewhat unpredictable in the later months of the year.

Ok I can handle up to 80. Ack I don't want to obsess about the weather yet!!!

Don't!  But any practice of MP miles in hot weather will only help!  Central Florida is better than here, if that is any consolation.

Damaris

Jess runs for bacon

Don't!  But any practice of MP miles in hot weather will only help!  Central Florida is better than here, if that is any consolation.

I did it on my treadmill...but it was 72 or so in my gym...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good!

I am hoping for cold weather but it's December, so I am not expecting anything outlandish.  But if all my marathons can be in the 50s better, thank you, Santa!

Damaris

LRB

It was 91 and sunny so I hit the trail for the cover it provides as the sun is the one thing I loathe more than the devil himself!

I got in 4 slow miles and the it was hard to breathe in that thick, muggy air.

Of course now it is raining like a mofo, and we expect temps to drop 25 degrees so there is that.

Jess runs for bacon

It was 91 and sunny so I hit the trail for the cover it provides as the sun is the one thing I loathe more than the devil himself!

I got in 4 slow miles and the it was hard to breathe in that thick, muggy air.

Of course now it is raining like a mofo, and we expect temps to drop 25 degrees so there is that.

Yuck. WTH is up with this weather? Last year it was so much cooler!

LRB

Girl if I knew I would dress up like Al Roker, and run a marathon while giving the 10 day forecast!

09/11/2001 - I had just finished my morning class and was pulling out of the school driveway when the news of the first plane came on the radio.  By the time my short drive home was done, the world had changed forever.  With no work that day, I stayed glued to the TV, watching unimaginable horror unfold in NYC under the same bluebird sky.  Guns were uncased because who knew what would be next, and I wouldn't let my brother drink any tap water when he got home.

3.9 easy.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is because I an heading there in a month, of course.

Damaris