Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 29 times)

delicate flower

I rode, and it included 18 x 1:00 hard.  19.9 mph avg.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Nice, easy extended warm up with 30 second pick ups, 3.7 miles

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just shy of 6 with 7 x 2 minutes hard, 1:15 recovery.

Cyberic

So, 10k on Sunday. It was built into my McMillan schedule. However, here is the week:

Tues = 8 w/strides

Wed  = 10-12

Thurs = 5

Fri = Hill repeats, 8-10 x 60-75 sec + wu/cd

Sat = 3-4

Sun = Race

I would not normally do a hard workout 2 days before a race. Not a goal race, but still. Thinking about switching Thurs & Fri. Thoughts?

I think like the others. You'd probably do fine by leaving the workout on Friday, but why not move it to Thursday and maybe have fresher legs on race day?

LRB

I ran 9. My legs are fried.

I ran 10. It was hot and my legs felt like garbage.

Count me in with the shredded legs crew, too. Difference being, I blew off my run. lol

onemile

I ran 10. It was hot and my legs felt like garbage.

Count me in with the shredded legs crew, too. Difference being, I blew off my run. lol

I am a little worried they won't be better for my workout tomorrow.  I would like to push it to Thursday but then I wouldn't be able to do my long run workout with the running club group Saturday

LRB

So, 10k on Sunday. It was built into my McMillan schedule. However, here is the week:

Tues = 8 w/strides

Wed  = 10-12

Thurs = 5

Fri = Hill repeats, 8-10 x 60-75 sec + wu/cd

Sat = 3-4

Sun = Race

I would not normally do a hard workout 2 days before a race. Not a goal race, but still. Thinking about switching Thurs & Fri. Thoughts?

I'm far from the sharpest tool in the drawer here (in fact, it's not even close) but hill repeats are more of a cardiovascular workout and not designed to be run all out like hill sprints.

This plan was put together with the race in mind and there is no reason you shouldn't be able to jog up a hill 10 times to get the heartbeat pumping without exerting yourself two days before a race. But always, do what you think is best for you.

bluerun

Super B****

THE POOL IS CLOSED!! 😭

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

THE POOL IS CLOSED!! 😭

For what reason?

bluerun

Super B****

For what reason?

"HVAC construction."  Looks like I'm going climbing -- I need to do SOMETHING with this anxiety.  Ugh.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

"HVAC construction."  Looks like I'm going climbing -- I need to do SOMETHING with this anxiety.  Ugh.

Bummer. Not the climbing but that you couldn't do what you planned to do.

I'm far from the sharpest tool in the drawer here (in fact, it's not even close) but hill repeats are more of a cardiovascular workout and not designed to be run all out like hill sprints.

This plan was put together with the race in mind and there is no reason you shouldn't be able to jog up a hill 10 times to get the heartbeat pumping without exerting yourself two days before a race. But always, do what you think is best for you.

They are supposed to be at 5k effort. If I view them as intervals, I would more likely do them Thursday. If I view them as strides, Friday is probably fine.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Rode the bike at OTF and did everything else.  I think I burned more than I do on the TM and my ass is already sore.

Damaris

Ran 9 miles today under blissfully cloudy skies.  An hour after I got home, the sun came out and the temperature went up 15 degrees.  Dodged a bullet there!