Beginners and Beyond

Wake up, already! It's SaturDAILIES! (Read 38 times)

LRB

1:38:25 half marathon this morning on a tough course.  I needed that!  I'll get an RR up in a bit.

Excellent!

Will run for scenery.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

lol

happylily

jjs22... LOL 

LRB, wow, great speedwork! SO was disappointed, but nothing we can do about Mother Nature, right?

Baboon, congrats! My turn is coming in a few weeks and I'd be thrilled if I could run something similar, but I'm feeling drained from the marathon training.

Lunch was eaten, now I have to wait an hour and I'll start my run.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

No sleep for me outoftheblue. I'm up and just not a nap type person.

I ran 8.5. Now just hanging with the pups. Dh is still sleeping.

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

My cutback week is turning into a super-cutback week instead.  I don't think I mind too much as I really do think I needed it.

By the time I got home yesterday, Zoe had broken out of her pen and peed on the floor.  So I needed to clean that up, get her her meds, get her outside again, and reinforce the pen (she must have climbed up and around one of the edges, over a couch, and down, without knocking anything off the end table).  By then, DH had come home and left with Mia on her walk, so Zoe was freaking out that she didn't get to go.  So I hung out here for a bit, and by then it was time to pick up DD.  And by the time we got back, it was dark and I was hungry.  You guys know how it goes.

On a regular week, I'd have sucked it up and gone out anyway.  But I'm resting this week, and one less easy run isn't going to kill me.  In fact, I noticed last night that my resting pulse is finally down again.  It's been elevated for so long I had started to think the higher number was normal.

But today, I need to get some miles in.  Somebody should be home with Zoe, which will help.  Plus she has a nice fluffy Costco bed that we just bought her.  So the plan is to run 6 in the afternoon sunshine.

This has been my attitude this week, as I've skipped one run and cut today's short.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats, Babboon! We all told you the last one was a fluke - good to see you back hitting full stride!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Greetings, Dailies!

Best of luck to those that are racing and/or have raced already. (Can luck be given for events past?)

SRD for me. Finished 2 of 4 night shifts. This morning's drive home was a little tougher as it's finally hit my body that I am, in fact, working night shifts. Slept till noon this morning, so I should do better tonight.

Planning a nice little run tomorrow afternoon if the weather cooperates. If not, I'll do an even littler run on the TM. I have the technology.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

DavePNW

Great race, Baboon!

22.1 miles at 9:18 avg pace. Actually my longest ever non-marathon run. Kind of dragging out there, but got it done. Decided I would actually indulge myself in some water & Gu out there today, including the much-ballyhooed salted caramel Gu. (I first typed in "salted camel", which I believe is one of the less popular flavors.) Not sure how much it helped, but I figured good practice anyway.

MTA: there is something weird that's been going on with my hip, that I'm not happy about. It just popped up earlier this week & has been sporadic, I just hope it does not get worse or more persistent.

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

1:38:25 half marathon this morning on a tough course.  I needed that!  I'll get an RR up in a bit.

Awesome!

You almost beat my 15K time from last weekend! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Hit the TM early (too early according to DW). 16+ miles, 45 minutes of which were at Tempo pace, the rest Easy. I was in a time crunch so I cut out the last 10 minutes of Easy running. I also forgot to do my 2 minute Easy pauses between 10 min Tempo intervals, and ended up running 20 min straight on the first Tempo set so I'm missing 4 minutes there. It's still a good run. I was pretty pooped by the end of it.

The time crunch came because I needed to be at the home where we make sausage by 9. I got there just after 9 and they were getting in gear to start. I helped make a bit over 100 lbs of venison sausage before noon. When DD wakes up we'll feed her but I'll take her back to pick up the sausage. It had to sit in the smoker for a while.

- Andrew

Hi, everyone!

I'm just popping in to say that this year's Jerusalem Marathon was a mixed bag for me. I awoke coughing and a little short of breath, so I had to use Albuterol. As soon as that kicked in, I had a breakfast of peanut butter from a neighborhood market and pita from the amazing Cauldron bakery on Yafo.

I kept having trouble breathing. At one point, I had to stop for almost twenty minutes to use Albuterol and just breathe. I kept going, but slowly, so that I could just breathe. Breathing trouble+weather that was 20F warmer than last year and almost 10F warmer than forecasted=5:40:17, almost forty-seven minutes slower than last year. I'm registering for the 2015 Jerusalem Marathon. I'm determined to better my 2013 time.

Except for the breathing (I'm still coughing a bit, even at rest), I feel great. I have no soreness. None. My muscles and joints feel absolutely normal. I might try a short recovery run, two to three miles, in the morning, before my pedicure.

StepbyStep-SH

Any idea what made your breathing problems flare up? It's a bummer that had to hit, especially combined with the higher temps. You and Damaris are rock stars for fighting through breathing problems to finish marathons.

No idea, Shari. I'd gone to bed the previous night feeling great.

I just ordered an acapella PEP device. Where was this three weeks ago, when I had walking pneumonia?

Zelanie

Basya- I'm glad that you finished and that you're feeling good now.  Sorry that marathon day wasn't your day this year.