Beginners and Beyond

Rainy Thursday Penguins (Read 19 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope you don't need the sandbags, Jack.

Happy belated Birthday, Ginny.

5 miles for us. Chilly, but the sun was finally out.  Not sure if it was the chill or that I had to pee, but last 2 were under 10:00.

Beer run after a shower.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey guys. We are actually trying to be social and stuf before and after work since we have our exchange student, so not as much computer time for me! I have 6 scheduled for tonight. There is also a high wind warning, so we'll see.

Damaris, you have to get a picture of the bitch so that we have a face to put with the stories. Smile

I have one of us.  She was nowhere around, then she ran to the picture, made it to the picture and left us there right after.  Very social.  Hold on for it.

She is standing third from the right.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

sapf - good luck on the 15k.  I did one once and really liked it.  Since it's slower than a 10k, it felt easier for most of the way, and it's shorter than a HM so you don't have to worry about the last few miles.  IT was only the last 1/2 mile or so when I sped up that I really felt it.  Will you race without the brace?

brilliant - so did you get to do your double after all?  I hope the rain isn't too torrential for you.

Kathleen - good job on the soggy run this a.m.  I don't think I would have been as committed. Way to go.

Z - I hope you had a good run, despite the wind.  It does make it harder.

Jerry - if the sun is out, I don't mind the cold as much.  Somehow it feels warmer regardless of the thermometer reading.  And as you said, it can make you run faster.

AFM:  our guest never showed.  I don't know if he'll turn up tomorrow or not.  He's an old friend of DH and very casual in his comings and goings.  He used to just show up without warning, but that backfired a couple of times, so now he lets us know when he might show up to find out if we're in town.  At least I managed 6.5 on the TM.

obiebyke

Thanks for the motivation, guys! It worked! 28 minutes done.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

hog4life

Jack, thinking of you and the family.

10.4 and did a lot of praying for my FIL.