Beginners and Beyond

If it's Tuesdailies, this must be Belgium. (Read 58 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I hit the roads this morning for 4 miles before I headed to the gym for one hour of circuits.

Went really good, focused on the biceps, triceps and chest with a few others added in.
    Standing Dumbbell Curls: 2 sets/ 24 reps/ 20 lbs, 2 sets/ 24 reps/ 17.5 lbs
    Fly Delt: 4 sets/ 20 reps/ 50 lbs
    Standing Tricep Cable Pulldown: 4 sets/ 18 reps/ 40 lbs
    Seated Leg Press: 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 100 lbs, 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 110 lbs
    Seated Chest Press: 1 set/ 18 reps/ 45 lbs, 1 set/ 8 reps/ 60 lbs, 1 set/ 12 reps/ 45 lbs, 1 set/ 10 reps/ 55 lbs
    Leg Extensions: 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 35 lbs, 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 30 lbs
    Rear Delt: 4 sets/ 12 reps/ 35 lbs
    Overhead Dumbbell Tricep Extensions: 2 sets/ 20 reps/ 15 lbs, 2 sets/ 15 reps/ 15 lbs
    Dumbbell Raises: 4 sets/ 8 reps/ 15 lbs
    Hip Adductors: 4 sets/ 25 reps/ 30 lbs

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies. Hopefully I can get out and try a few miles today. The one thing that might ruin it is DD1's 18th birthday. The miles may have to wait until tomorrow. Whatever, I've waited this long, one more day won't hurt.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Winter Weather Advisory till 7PM. Snow, followed by sleet, followed by freezing rain. Presumably followed by hail, locusts, and frogs.

You can keep that crap. Don't want it here in MD later today.

B-Plus

The plan is for 12 w/ 8 @ MP. I'm optimistic.

Little Blue

That made me laugh!

+1!

Still nursing the sore back.  Made some progress with the massage guy, but I seem to have backslid overnight.  Pissing and moaning seem to be the tools of choice right now.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

12 mile change of pace tempo on tap for this afternoon, 44min tempo segment consisting of 4min hard, 4min steady, then 6x (2min hard, 4min steady).  Pfitz has the hard pace as 10-15sec faster than LT and the steady either at LT or up to 10sec slower than LT.  Should be interesting.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

The plan is for 12 w/ 8 @ MP. I'm optimistic.

That should be pretty elementary for you by now. Certainly not a walk in the park, but not an ungodly task either.

LRB

12 mile change of pace tempo on tap for this afternoon, 44min tempo segment consisting of 4min hard, 4min steady, then 6x (2min hard, 4min steady).  Pfitz has the hard pace as 10-15sec faster than LT and the steady either at LT or up to 10sec slower than LT.  

What in the who did it and what for is all of that? lol

Be sure to report back with the splits on that thing!

cjones1

So, URD for me today.  Minor knee soreness on Saturday night after my long run.  Felt fine Sunday.  Ran 4m easy Monday morning, felt a bit of a twinge, and it was fairly sore last night.  Figured better safe than sorry.  Hopefully back at it in the morning, freezing rain and all.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

This may be the Winter that never ends. Snow and sleet and freezing rain here too.

It was speed work Tuesday though which meant the tm so all is well. Was supposed to be 6x800 but could only pull out 1x400 2x600 and 4x800 so I'm going to call it a success anyway especially given how cruddy I felt prior..

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

It's worse when you forget socks and have to wear dress socks.  Ouchers.  Still, I'd rather wear dress socks than no socks.

Or when you forget post-run socks and have to go to work in the socks you just ran in.

Baboon

delicate flower

Or when you forget post-run socks and have to go to work in the socks you just ran in.

EWWWWWW!

<3

DavePNW

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4x800s . Total 3.1

Marjorie

LRB

This may be the Winter that never ends. Snow and sleet and freezing rain here too.

There are accidents all over. It's as if this was the first snow of the season!

'Sup O! The Tom Tom Multi-sport watch is going for $150 on Amazon. Would that be considered a steal?

It'll be the TM for you too CJ1 if you are in the path of the crap we got today.

Hello Andrea.

You should be good to resume whenever you get back at it Jack.

Hope you feel better Blue!

HC, are you crazy about half marathons or actually half crazy? lol Hello!

Eggzactly Boon!

'Sup S Dog, Zel, Dan, Dave, D2, D and my baby lily.

As for me, I just sat down for Chinese. Yum.