Beginners and Beyond

What the Wednesdailies (Read 29 times)

LRB

Cyberic

Kind of... it's not "Sal-ming," really. It sounds more like "Somming." In English, anyway. I think the L is actually audible in Swedish.

I pronounce it like salmon, Salming.

Cyberic

Cyberic...You're right, the lacing doesn't bring the shoe down to my foot at all. I've never been one to tie my shoes too tightly though, so I'm kinda okay with that. Do your versions have padded heal collars? Also, do they attached tongues? I would say those two things are my least favorite shoe features.

The Distance do not have an attached tongue if that means the tongues that are sewn almost up to where you put your foot in and makes the shoes like slippers. They do not have that. Again, I'm not 100% sure what "padded heel collar" means, but I would say they do not have that. They are a pretty light shoe for a trainer, so there are not many "options" on them.

In this review there are a few pics, so maybe you'll see (or not) if there is a padded heel collar.

http://www.therunningswede.com/2017/11/salming-distance-5-review.html

And LRB, about my eyes hurting, the Distance shoes used to be all black in version 4. Fell in love with them. In V5, they are this color. So my eyes have become tougher Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck, Andrea!  Bring treats!  You might also ask someone for a cat trap and leave it there while you sit nearby or something.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

In a marathon - you feel everything, and only wish you were dead.

Yes. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

RunningOnSand

I miss Moth.  He was a nice guy, helpful, always friendly, and good to have around.

Also, this.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No luck finding her, I saw 13 cats and one thought he was gonna come home with me.

6 miles ran, though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

I was equally happy with my 3:16 marathon and my sub-20 5k...

If we’re talking about the effort that goes into it making the reward more valuable, the 5K should win hands down, because I ran dozens of those before going sub-20 😝

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No luck finding her, I saw 13 cats and one thought he was gonna come home with me.

6 miles ran, though.

Well, bring that one with you too...

Hope you find your baby soon.  Was she ill or something that might have made her want to be alone to die? Our Lily tried to do that one time and we caught her inside a hole by the sink.  So if you see some areas where she might be hiding, go look. Sad

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well, bring that one with you too...

Hope you find your baby soon.  Was she ill or something that might have made her want to be alone to die? Our Lily tried to do that one time and we caught her inside a hole by the sink.  So if you see some areas where she might be hiding, go look. Sad

She was perfectly healthy, DH thinks either she followed Romeo out on one of his little escapades but didn't stay with him and got lost or something scared and/or chased her off our property and she has been struggling to get back. I just hope when she was spotted, she hasn't headed further away but maybe drifting in that area or coming back our way.

DH told me to go ahead and make posters up with a Reward: $100 if Found Safe.

These stupid storms keep tearing my posters off the poles damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did she have a chip?

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Did she have a chip?

I'll have to call my vet and ask, though I doubt it Sad I don't remember.

PRs

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

The Liberty ISO. They're the stability version of the Saucony Freedom, another great shoe, apparently. Here's a really in-depth review of them.

thanks! I'll take a look.