Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's SUPER SaturDAILY (Read 20 times)

SheCan

Docket-- good luck tomorrow!!!!   Rawh!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

tracilynn

zel, that is an amazing story about your dad! Wow!

jerry 54 inches of snow is crazy And Feb is just beginning. Maybe a record year?

I could not run earlier.  My sinuses have been so bad that they are making my top teeth hurt and ache. Every step sends an jarring ache through my teeth.   I tried to explain it to my husband an he had no clue what I was talking about  Or does that just happen to me??   Ugh

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Kristin, sorry to hear this.  Keep us updated, please.

SRD for me.  Just got home.  Ended up with two new cars and two bikes.  Hmmm.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks guys....no news, they are still monitoring her in a medically induced coma.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

GinnyinPA

Damaris - did you cancel New Orleans? I thought that was this weekend. Two cars and two bikes????

Tracilynn - I can imagine - ouch.  Sorry you're hurting so much.

Cherie - I hope you enjoyed your fundraising party.

Kristin - good compromise on the run.  I'm sorry to hear about your cousin.  Something similar happened to a neighbor.  It's scary when it comes so suddenly.

Zelanie - amazing story about your father.  My dad had lung cancer 10 years or so ago.  They took half a lung, but aside from the fact that he can't travel to high altitude, it doesn't seem to affect him much.

Mitch - did you do your double?  Maybe you just need some rest.  As much as you work, I can see getting just too tired sometimes.

Awood - good job on the 10 on the TM.  That's a long time playing hamster.

Jerry - your mileage has been consistent, even if you aren't doing all your long runs.  I think when you get down to Florida, you'll do fine.  And if nothing else, you'll have some fun in the sun.

The ice fest was a bit of a let down.  The sculptures were pretty good, but it was basically a way to bring people down to Main Street to try to revitalize business there.  Unfortunately, there's not much business downtown.  The most popular attraction was the food vendors - kettle corn and funnel cakes and fresh French fries.  The kids were having fun with an ice slide and the ice sculptures.  I never did see the polar dunk, whatever that was, and we missed the chili contest and hot pepper eating contest.  When we arrived, the 'street party' was just getting started - with a live band and presumably some alcohol since you had to be 21 to be in the tent - but we didn't stick around.  The sidewalks were very crowded since it was such a beautiful afternoon - 47 and sunny.  The ice was melting at a great rate too.

Zelanie

Ginny- Sounds like a lot of our local festivals, but with more ice.  That's great that your dad is also doing so well after his surgery!