Beginners and Beyond

Fridaylies are for kicking ass. Name-taking is optional. (Read 30 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Coach is trying to kill me.  Every time he posts my upcoming workouts, I think "You've got to be shitting me."  I've got 20 mile runs popping up now, more 4000 yard swims, and a frikkin 120 mile bike ride followed by a 4 mile brick run.      I asked him what the heck was happening and he said I'm getting stronger so he's increasing the volume.  I guess that's a good thing!  

Be careful what you wish for!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Whats up everyone

I took your advice and went to see a local Chiro that is at all the local race events who treats sports injuries. Saw a guy there who is a tri-athelete and member of our local road runners club. He couldn't have been nicer. He took a long time evaluating and talking to me. He checked some alignment things (pelvis maybe? Hips?)...said I had no issues there. He then did some graston technique on my calf. I know nothing about this and will have to look into it more. He said there were definitely some (knots?...I forget what he called it). Anyways...to the point...He doesn't believe I have full on tendonitis. I was advised to keep stretching, heating, and foam rolling it. I can try out a short run again soon. Heading to the gym tomorrow am to get on the bike for a while. Maybe do some squats while Im there. Really hoping I can get back at it soon.

Did you get Graston?  That hurts like a mofo.  But it works.

Damaris

Did you get Graston?  That hurts like a mofo.  But it works.

It’s what he told me he was doing but no it didn’t hurt. Interesting

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It’s what he told me he was doing but no it didn’t hurt. Interesting

My massage therapist does Graston and it does not hurt, but the majority do.  I think there is a Graston technique that does not, but I think for major things like what you have, the one that hurts is deeper and works faster.

Damaris