Beginners and Beyond

Tubular Tuesdailies (Read 32 times)

RunningOnSand

I'm fairly certain our movie theater had showings starting Thursday morning. And yes, I've seen showtimes available as early as 7am! And it's basically hourly all day. Saturday cannot come soon enough!!

Damaris, oh man. I'm so sorry. That is awful news. Sad It's so senseless. Was the driver texting? 

I ran nearly 12, with 5x1.5mi @ 7:40 pace. On the paces that I didn't hit, Strava has graciously adjusted the pace and I believe I ran them even faster than prescribed. If only races did the same, lol. I figure I have 3 or 4 more workouts until taper time. I am ready for the taper--I feel like I have been training forever.

KCRuns

I ran 5 outside during lunch and it was glorious.  50 degrees and cloudy.  I was slightly underdressed, but was okay as long as I kept moving.  I got back to work with a smile on my face.  It's going to be a good afternoon Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm fairly certain our movie theater had showings starting Thursday morning. And yes, I've seen showtimes available as early as 7am! And it's basically hourly all day. Saturday cannot come soon enough!!

Damaris, oh man. I'm so sorry. That is awful news. Sad It's so senseless. Was the driver texting? 

I ran nearly 12, with 5x1.5mi @ 7:40 pace. On the paces that I didn't hit, Strava has graciously adjusted the pace and I believe I ran them even faster than prescribed. If only races did the same, lol. I figure I have 3 or 4 more workouts until taper time. I am ready for the taper--I feel like I have been training forever.

As is typical down here, one of the worst cities for pedestrians in the US, it is highly likely.

I see at least 3-4 instance of drivers hitting cyclists weekly in the Miami-Dade area.  And now I'm glad for my TM.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

As is typical down here, one of the worst cities for pedestrians in the US, it is highly likely.

I see at least 3-4 instance of drivers hitting cyclists weekly in the Miami-Dade area.  And now I'm glad for my TM.

What in the actual fuck!? That is absurd!!!!  

LRB

I ran 5 outside during lunch and it was glorious.  50 degrees and cloudy.  I was slightly underdressed, but was okay as long as I kept moving.  I got back to work with a smile on my face.  It's going to be a good afternoon Smile

Is running and work getting along again, finally?

DavePNW

My son got hit by a car on his bike yesterday. He's fine, just has a scraped up & swollen elbow, but nothing broken. Bike is not in such great shape though. He was actually hit by some kind of city-operated shuttle van, so presumably they have good insurance coverage and will take care of everything. Obviously we're just glad he's OK. There are so many bikes on college campuses, surprising this doesn't happen more often.

Dave

KCRuns

Is running and work getting along again, finally?

For now, yes, things are finally normal.  I'm hoping to actually hit my weekly mileage goal this week Smile

There are rumors of changes coming any day now, so we'll see what the future holds.  And I do have some juggling of my schedule to do for clients coming to town, but it's manageable (Most of our clients don't like to come over the winter, but as soon as spring hits, they all want to come at once to make sales calls so it gets a little busy).  But at least for now, things are good.

KCRuns

My son got hit by a car on his bike yesterday. He's fine, just has a scraped up & swollen elbow, but nothing broken. Bike is not in such great shape though. He was actually hit by some kind of city-operated shuttle van, so presumably they have good insurance coverage and will take care of everything. Obviously we're just glad he's OK. There are so many bikes on college campuses, surprising this doesn't happen more often.

Holy smokes!  I'm glad he's okay!!

Cyberic

Not saying it is the case in both stories, as we all know there are bad drivers. But we see crazy cyclists riding in the middle of traffic, cutting cars off and all. In the city, I mean. Not saying they're not in their legal right to do so, but they expose themselves more.

Now, I also see runners who are not cautious, IMO. There are  bad drivers, people do text, and they are in a 2 tons of metal vehicle. As a runner I think about the fact that they exist.

Again, not saying it was the case with Dave's son and that elite "jogger" from Miami.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Down here, most of the cyclists are hit on the bike lanes which are not divided from the street. They have killed several through the years and hit and run.  We are the third worst city for pedestrians in the US for a reason.

Dave, glad he is OK!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just passed pedestrians walking on the side of the road. Not having many sidewalks is part of the problem. Here in Miami they do those rides with hundreds of riders to take over the streets as sort of protest. It happens every 2-3 months and they stop traffic to do it to protest the issue.

Damaris

LRB

As a runner I think about the fact that they exist

Right. On two separate occasions (out of thousands) I've put my foot into an intersection about to start running without thinking with cars coming. I was deep in thought both times and really could've gotten myself F'd up had I not come out of it. But, the weird thing is, I was the pedestrian with the right of way in each instance, but that doesn't always mean you can just run into the streets. Usually, I look, look, look and look before I cross and again while crossing. In fact, someone I know saw me doing that and mentioned it. I was like you cannot be too careful walking or running these days!

On a related note, I run past run over signs, traffic control boxes and barricades where if I or any other pedestrian were there at the time it would have been lights out. It's always eerie to me because that meant the car drove off the road and across a sidewalk. Scary.

LRB

That's a call that can change your life. I am glad he is okay!

LRB

My trail shoes came today. They are surprisingly light and flexible. I want to go run up the side of a mountain now.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not saying it is the case in both stories, as we all know there are bad drivers. But we see crazy cyclists riding in the middle of traffic, cutting cars off and all. In the city, I mean. Not saying they're not in their legal right to do so, but they expose themselves more.

Now, I also see runners who are not cautious, IMO. There are  bad drivers, people do text, and they are in a 2 tons of metal vehicle. As a runner I think about the fact that they exist.

Again, not saying it was the case with Dave's son and that elite "jogger" from Miami.

A female cyclist was hit early this morning in Evansville, but the dumbass was wearing dark clothes on a street with no lights. A lot of times it's the driver, and other times it's the cyclist 🤷‍♀️

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)