Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #51 (Read 29 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Much better today in keeping up with Zone 1 (after raising the CP yesterday):

Damaris

onemile

Much better today in keeping up with Zone 1 (after raising the CP yesterday):

but you're just making up numbers to make it fit what you're running

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

but you're just making up numbers to make it fit what you're running

I did it (per their instructions) with an interval/race simulation.  Not sure I mentioned yesterday I went back to auto after the workout uploaded and that's how the new CP was calculated. If I enter it manually with the result of yesterday's "5K" it's even higher so not using that one yet.

Damaris

onemile

I did it (per their instructions) with an interval/race simulation. 

Oh I thought you were guessimating a race time based on your workout last night.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh I thought you were guessimating a race time based on your workout last night.

I did at first to see but the CP was like 267 or some shit like that and my 5K power was through the roof so nope. Apparently it took a while for my Stryd to recalculate from 237 and it got now 254. The zones look much better now, with 203 Zone 1 (my easy power has been 200-203), then 254 for start of Zone 4 which they say it's around the 5K zone. I ran the workout miles at 256, 251, and 252, so not too far off. They do say the power is +/- 5.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I do have a 4 miler in two weeks that I want to see if I can run at near Zone 4. I actually have a 5K too but I think it involves beer during the course so who knows if I can race that one, lol.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

I'm back after a long road trip to Houston to see my 95 year old dad in Houston. My running got derailed completely, both by too much time spent driving or sitting with him, and a back strain that happened about 10 days ago. I managed only one run during that 10 days, and it made the back pain a lot worse so I waited until the pain was completely gone before trying again. Now I'm not sure what to do to get back into my training. I have about 7 weeks before the race and I'm not sure how I need to change my training over the next week or two to make up for missing almost 2 weeks of training. The back is better, but everything else hurts from too much time sitting.  Just doing the miles without doing the workouts sounds like a good idea until the stiffness and soreness is gone, but should I cut back on the miles too?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm back after a long road trip to Houston to see my 95 year old dad in Houston. My running got derailed completely, both by too much time spent driving or sitting with him, and a back strain that happened about 10 days ago. I managed only one run during that 10 days, and it made the back pain a lot worse so I waited until the pain was completely gone before trying again. Now I'm not sure what to do to get back into my training. I have about 7 weeks before the race and I'm not sure how I need to change my training over the next week or two to make up for missing almost 2 weeks of training. The back is better, but everything else hurts from too much time sitting.  Just doing the miles without doing the workouts sounds like a good idea until the stiffness and soreness is gone, but should I cut back on the miles too?

I would try to keep the miles at least and play it by ear. Maybe see how easy runs with the mileage you had feels OK for week 1 and then if so, add the speedwork back in some form?

Damaris

Cyberic

RunningOnSand

LOL. Okay, did any men in the B&B try to do something similar to their hair?

Dave, that looks familiar! LOL. Oh man, the hair we chose...

Ginny, welcome back! Since your back has been bugging you, I would just keep the mileage easy, and maybe ramp up slowly to see how that goes. See how it reacts. Last thing you want is to aggravate it more. Sad

Cyberic

I had long hair, but never put anything in it other than shampoo. I had a nice 'stache, too!

RunningOnSand

I had long hair, but never put anything in it other than shampoo. I had a nice 'stache, too!

Nice!

DavePNW

Mine was naturally curly, so I had myself a nice fro. 

I graduated HS early ‘80s. So for those with straighter hair, the middle-part feathered-back look was where it was at. For both girls and guys.

Dave