Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Family Weekend (Read 18 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Unofficial time was 28:53, so that should be a 3 minute PR.  Didn't hang around for awards, but there weren't many in my AG.   It was a nice race, especially since we were Comp'd on the registration.  Weather was perfect at 50* and no wind.  Lots of turns and kids to deal with Sad

Congrats Mitch.  I could PR again if I pushed the Angels stroller with you !!!

Update:  I was 4/8 in my AG, 2 minutes behind 3rd.  Official time was 28:48.  DW won her AG by 3 minutes.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

2:16:05 - a PR by 2 minutes, 53 seconds Smile

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

hog4life

Jerry, Jerry's wife, and Jill.......Congrats on the PRs

GinnyinPA

This has been a great weekend for all our racers.  Congratulations!

Mitch - I'm really glad the ankle has healed so quickly.

Brilliant - I hope your rainy run went well.

sapf - I usually just add 20 to whatever the temperature is - so 53 = 73, t-shirt weather, especially on race day

Jerry - how did you get comp'ed for the registration?  Nice.

Off and on showers all day here.  I'll do some miles, but I'm not sure when or how many.  First we get to walk Ben so I can figure out how cold it is.

hog4life

Ginny, it's still a little sore, but I'm hoping I can continue to pamper it until Detroit. I have a 15k next weekend, and really just hope to get some semi easy miles in with that.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ginny:  My employer is a sponsor.  They had 10 comps and only 3 were used.  It's not a very healthy group of employees.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Ran my 6outside yesterday but the wind was brutal.  Hoping for less at Chicago, although this is around where it will be.  Anyway, 12 with 6 @ MP + 10% done on the TM today. I'm done.

Allison, congrats on the PR!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Jerry and sapf!

Great turtle racing this weekend!

And I'm sure Scotty will have run 5 races this weekend to make us all look bad! Smile

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats, Jerry and sapf!

Great turtle racing this weekend!

And I'm sure Scotty will have run 5 races this weekend to make us all look bad! Smile

Actually, I had NO races this weekend for a change.  Did a nice run/walk at Fort Sam Houston on Saturday; and this morning 4.5 miles along the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Weather for both was sweeet.   This morning, 69 degrees, 35% humidity, dewpoint in the 50s.   I started and finished at the VFW building on the Riverwalk and afterwards a couple of friends and I enjoyed a cold beer.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Actually, I had NO races this weekend for a change.  Did a nice run/walk at Fort Sam Houston on Saturday; and this morning 4.5 miles along the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Weather for both was sweeet.   This morning, 69 degrees, 35% humidity, dewpoint in the 50s.   I started and finished at the VFW building on the Riverwalk and afterwards a couple of friends and I enjoyed a cold beer.

Congrats on the racevacation.

GinnyinPA

What a difference cool weather can make!  Today was overcast, 55 and just a bit breezy. The showers never showed up, aside from a few drops late in the day. It felt cold at first, but I really enjoyed it.  I ran 14 miles, into town and then out again, and was seriously tempted to add a few more at the end, but this was the best long run I've had in a while, and I didn't want to ruin it by pushing the miles.  Ben kept us up again last night, so it was easy to keep the pace slow, which also helped.

Brilliant

Jerry, congrats on the PR!  Nice to be comped the entry as a bonus.

Jill, woohoo!  You are getting so ready for next month!

Ginny - fantastic running!  I love it when it comes together like that.

Damaris, sorry you were back on the treadmill today.  Fingers crossed for great weather in Chicago.

My run went really well this morning.  It was nice and cool but only drizzled on me for about a mile.  Very refreshing.  6.8 done.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is cool weather but not PR weather for Chicago.  40s would be PR weather and it's around 57-65F so not close to that.  I usually overheat in the 60s like in Montreal (which was cooler), so we'll see.

Damaris

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Jerry, congrats on the PR!  Nice to be comped the entry as a bonus.

Jill, woohoo!  You are getting so ready for next month!

Ginny - fantastic running!  I love it when it comes together like that.

Damaris, sorry you were back on the treadmill today.  Fingers crossed for great weather in Chicago.

My run went really well this morning.  It was nice and cool but only drizzled on me for about a mile.  Very refreshing.  6.8 done.

That's the hope... I guess after my 20 mile long run I'll think about pace/goals/etc.  McMillan suggests a 4:46:24 which is just 100% lol and I know that isn't happening.  Maybe if I have a miracle day I could aim for 5 hours.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

Congrats, Brilliant, Sapf, and Jerry!

I ran 14 with the last 2 at tempo.  I was scared of that run, but got it done.  It turns out the tempo miles were hard, but a totally different kind of hard than the normal "long run" style.