Beginners and Beyond

Pumpkin Spice Lattes for the Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

LRB

I should do the same for my 1/2

Regarding the length of long runs for my 5k training; an 80 minute run (about 10 miles for me) is on the low end but does provide the intended benefit (increasing aerobic capacity and mitochondria) .  For 10k's I may bump that up to 90 minutes or 12 miles.

I drop it down to an 8 miler once about every six to eight weeks or as needed to stay fresh.

I limit my long run because despite its slow pace it is considered a quality run, which with Tuesday and Saturday speed sessions gives me three quality sessions per week on six days of running so I tend to be a little conservative that way.

I am still building however and may indeed increase that number as well as my weekly average but am not to the point where I feel I absolutely need to yet...mostly because I am lazy. lol

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

8.3 sounds like a lot of hilly and windy miles, Baboon. And doing another run today too?    Good luck!

Sounds like you really earned your SRD, Dave.

Hope your miles and class went well, Step.  Now you can take a nap, right?

How did your dinner go last night, Damaris?  Did 'the evil one' behave herself?

Safe travels to you this week, MarjorieAnn! You seem to travel quite a bit...we should nickname you 'Gulliver'...

Nice running, Lauren!

Congrats on your miles, LRB!  Glad everything is intact!  Probably difficlut to run with things spilling out....

photo upshortsrunner_zps0bbbd7cc.png

Well, B-Plus, , if you prefer to get your ladies in the morning instead of coffee....each to his/her own!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

outoftheblue

I've never had a pumpkin spice latte, but I love pumpkin pie, so I may have to give it a try.  The only seasonal "pumpkin" thing I dislike is pumpkin beer.  It just tastes wrong.

12 "easy" miles on tap today.

Life is good.

LRB

lol at Scotty. That's a big boy!

All this talk about pumpkin has me curious, of course as with anything else I will try it and throw it out the window.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am finally back at the office.  If the evil one hears that I went to lunch with the two bosses while in Broward, her head might explode.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I am finally back at the office.  If the evil one hears that I went to lunch with the two bosses while in Broward, her head might explode.

You could accident,y include her in a text about it

Marjorie

B-Plus

Regarding the length of long runs for my 5k training; an 80 minute run (about 10 miles for me) is on the low end but does provide the intended benefit (increasing aerobic capacity and mitochondria) .  For 10k's I may bump that up to 90 minutes or 12 miles.

I drop it down to an 8 miler once about every six to eight weeks or as needed to stay fresh.

I limit my long run because despite its slow pace it is considered a quality run, which with Tuesday and Saturday speed sessions gives me three quality sessions per week on six days of running so I tend to be a little conservative that way.

I am still building however and may indeed increase that number as well as my weekly average but am not to the point where I feel I absolutely need to yet...mostly because I am lazy. lol

Oh right, I forgot you do the saturday speed/Sunday long combo. One of our local clubs does that as well.

I would say 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 4 of my LRs are on the speedier side, and faster than most of my easier runs in the week. My LRs range between 8-16 miles, but mostly 12-14.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You could accident,y include her in a text about it

Oh, right, like, just got back from lunch with the boss.  Don't let Z hear about it.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh right, I forgot you do the saturday speed/Sunday long combo. One of our local clubs does that as well.

I would say 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 4 of my LRs are on the speedier side, and faster than most of my easier runs in the week. My LRs range between 8-16 miles, but mostly 12-14.

Mine are similar.  I usually have the last 10 of every LR at MP + 10% or some MP miles.  Always at the end because, you know, my coach likes to punish me.  Ha.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

First day of Fall! ack missing my run. (up to fly to job site at 5am and back in town around 10pm... Long damn day)

Also marks a year older.  Great way to spend the day :/

But the ladies will have a scratch built cake when I get back.

DavePNW

First day of Fall! ack missing my run. (up to fly to job site at 5am and back in town around 10pm... Long damn day)

Happy birthday! Age?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Birthday!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

5 easy miles this morning with Rocky, a chilly 48 degrees so we both enjoyed it.

Screw AT&T, we cancelled the whole thing and we've got Time Warner coming out tomorrow to get their system in, hopefully things will go much better with them.
                            My debut marathon is 38 days away and I am already signed up for my 2nd marathon - The Land Between the Lake Marathon........... I am seriously beginning to question my sanity, and not in a good way. I think all the stress at work and stuff has driven me off the edge.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

photo upshortsrunner_zps0bbbd7cc.png

Must be fun running while holding your shorts like that. To me they're still called shorts, maybe not for LRB Big grin

Today I tried my new shoes. Brand new Mizuno Wave Sayonaras to replace the other ones. Wanted to at least run in them once before race day in case *something* was wrong with them. They're good. Maybe saturday I'll run another easy 4-5 in them.

Did 5 x 2 minutes at "fast" pace (it turns out the range was from Interval Pace to almost Threshold Pace) with looong recoveries, 4 minutes-ish. Was not a workout, just wanted to run faster than the easy pace I've been running the previous week.

LRB

Mine are similar.  I usually have the last 10 of every LR at MP + 10% or some MP miles.  Always at the end because, you know, my coach likes to punish me.  Ha.

Yeah but we are talking long runs for 5 and 10k training...oh right.