Beginners and Beyond

Ready or Not (not 👎) MonDAILIES (Read 31 times)

onemile

I see the page with custom plans available -  $100 for 8 weeks, $125 for 12, $150 for 16. I assume this is probably what you got.

You said you were happy with it? At what point in your marathoning career was it? It was challenging enough? The 1-week sample from the canned plan doesn't inspire me so much.

Yeah I was actually pretty happy with it. Mine was after returning from an injury so it had a little slower start. But the workouts were good - I remember some fartlek style intervals by time, 'steady state pace' segments in runs (which is between HMP and MP I think), long runs with surges, fast finish long runs etc.  The questionnaire is quite detailed so they get an idea of your background, previous training, preferences (for rest days, long run days etc).  And then twice during the plan, one of their coaches, Andrew Lemoncello emailed me asking if I had any questions as I was working thru the plan. And he responded with answers very promptly.

If I had extra cash to throw away I would totally use their coaching, but it is very expensive. Wayyyy more than the Hudson coaching.  But I think the custom plans are really pretty close

MTA - - I used this plan for my fifth marathon. After 2 cycles of Hansons. And I ran a 3:23! (9 min PR)

I ran a 3:23! 

I will specifically request this plan.

Dave

onemile

I will specifically request this plan.

ha I'm pretty sure I sent you the plan they gave me already.  If not, I can email it to you. It's definitely too easy for you at this point but I assume it would be written to your level, not for someone who just took a month off due to a calf injury but had previously been running 60mpw.

ha I'm pretty sure I sent you the plan they gave me already.  If not, I can email it to you. It's definitely too easy for you at this point but I assume it would be written to your level, not for someone who just took a month off due to a calf injury but had previously been running 60mpw.

Checked my email, I still have it. 

Looks like it was at a point that I was looking at an injury comeback, after running Detroit on pre-injured knee.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Totally agree with the thumbs down Monday. Ugh, getting up for work was rough. Lower body strength training & core.