Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES and The Chocolate Cake Diet (Read 39 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Adidas discontinued the best shoe ever.  I'm boycotting them.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I am liking the Kinvaras. I've run up to 10 miles in them with no issues.  Maybe I could run a marathon in them even. I'm not sure. I'd like a slightly stiffer heel counter but maybe I am okay without it.

I will keep that in mind.

As you know, cumulative mileage is a good way to tell if you will have any problems. So in time, you will have your answer.

Mmmmm...beer

I am liking the Kinvaras. I've run up to 10 miles in them with no issues.  Maybe I could run a marathon in them even. I'm not sure. I'd like a slightly stiffer heel counter but maybe I am okay without it.

Everyone is different of course, but I know plenty of people who run marathons in Kinvaras.  I ran both of my marathons in Virratas, which have less cushion than Kinvaras, but I also like a more minimal shoe.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

onemile

Everyone is different of course, but I know plenty of people who run marathons in Kinvaras.  I ran both of my marathons in Virratas, which have less cushion than Kinvaras, but I also like a more minimal shoe.

Yeah, there are people who run marathons in the Fastwitch too. But I couldn't.  But the Kinvara's are very soft and don't beat my legs up like the Fastwitch.

Interestingly, the Adidas Adios Boosts are heavier than the Kinvara.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Yeah, there are people who run marathons in the Fastwitch too. But I couldn't.  But the Kinvara's are very soft and don't beat my legs up like the Fastwitch.

I ran the MCM in Fastwitch and they were brilliant!  But I can no longer wear them for anything.  They quickly give me lower leg issues ( with-in 7 miles).

I will likely run Boston in New Balance - Vazee Pace.  (an unexpected surprise - shoe I won as a race prize that works well)

Mmmmm...beer

I also found the Fastwitch to be stiff.  I still have them, but they don't get used much.

-Dave

My running blog

Mmmmm...beer

Apparently I get pretty amped when I win an award. 

-Dave

My running blog

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Every run I do over 15 is in Virratas.  I'm on my 3rd pair, and have 3 more in the box still.

Runner with a riding problem.

Even new shoes are on the sale.  Just bought the old Elixirs revamped to try (Mizuno Catalyst).

BOOM. Mine will hit the belt this evening. 

1600 calories a day? Only if a day is 6 hours long.

workinprogress11

SRD

Cyberic

The Boost material made Adidas shoes heavier. My Adios 2s are lighter than my Adios Boost 2s. I can feel it by hand.

Cyberic

Ran twice.

Run 1: 6 miles - with 10 x (90 sec H w/60 sec jg)

Run 2: 5.5 miles

Hey Jay!

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill. We were supposed to get several inches of snow. Got up this morning, nothing. Started snowing a little when I was making my coffee. Schools were a 2 delay, so took my sweet time getting ready. Get within 2 minutes of work and city schools changed to closed. Damn it, I can wear jeans when no kids are in the building. City wound up with a grand total of no inches. There are maybe 2 inches on my deck, none on the roads. Whew, aside from the headaches the snow makes for me at work, I am relieved that the roads & sidewalks will be no worse.

I really tried to find some Adidas shoes I liked--there is an outlet by my parents' house and I've seen some really good deals on the Boosts. I made a resolution that I will stick to what works--Wave Riders have become my go to, so I am going to try to just buy them. I have 3 pairs in the box, may get another pair or two of clearance 18s.

LRB

I made a resolution that I will stick to what works--Wave Riders have become my go to, so I am going to try to just buy them. I have 3 pairs in the box, may get another pair or two of clearance 18s.

Right. I have my number ones, but I experiment sometimes when deals are good. Right now though, I just don't need any shoes.

Cyberic

I really tried to find some Adidas shoes I liked--there is an outlet by my parents' house and I've seen some really good deals on the Boosts. I made a resolution that I will stick to what works--Wave Riders have become my go to, so I am going to try to just buy them. I have 3 pairs in the box, may get another pair or two of clearance 18s.

I used to do that. I stocked up on Riders 16s when the 17s came out, but turns out that I like a little less drop now. More like 8-10 mm. The Riders have like 13mm drop. I have one pair left, with maybe 325 miles on them. I wear them once in a while, but I will not do that again (stock up on a model) because my taste in shoes keeps changing.