Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Bird Day Dailies (Read 34 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Belgium. Delicious!

I love Belgium.

My most favorite place in Belgium, lol.  You can see what the park is called by the vegetable in the corner:

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 8 outside in 78F and 67DP in intervals of 2-2.5 mile run, 2 minutes basting the turkey breast, rinse and repeat.

Damaris

Cyberic

I ran a 10k today too. Sorta last minute decision. Mr. Onemile wanted to run as it was in his hometown and went past his childhood home.   41:18, 1st female overall. First half was into the wind  but I got flowers and a plaque thing for the win

Oh, wow! That is awesome!

GinnyinPA

Some very nice races today. Congratulations!

My first trip to France, in High School, we had "pizza" at the train station in Paris: tasteless crust, a little tomato sauce, and an anchovy. No cheese, no meat. We were some very disappointed students.

ROS - do you eat your fries with mayonnaise? That's one bad habit I picked up when travelling in Belgium.

RunningOnSand

Sorry I forgot to comment on this earlier (I was focused on the wind!) but holy shiz! Nice new (huge!) PR!! Nice AG too!,

43:54. New official PR and over a minute faster than last years time. 5th female and 2nd in AG (its a pretty competitive race so I’ll take it). First half I was under 7:00 but the 20 mph headwind killed me on the way back, but I was still passing people so it’s all good

RunningOnSand

Some very nice races today. Congratulations!

My first trip to France, in High School, we had "pizza" at the train station in Paris: tasteless crust, a little tomato sauce, and an anchovy. No cheese, no meat. We were some very disappointed students.

ROS - do you eat your fries with mayonnaise? That's one bad habit I picked up when travelling in Belgium.

Oh yes. Honestly, I cannot eat my fries w/o mayo!! Yummmmmm. I’d say celebrate it. Yeah their pizza is def way diff. Very diff esp with the cheese amounts especially.

RunningOnSand

I love Belgium.

My most favorite place in Belgium, lol.  You can see what the park is called by the vegetable in the corner:

I love Belgium too. I cannot figure out where you are though? Is that pic in Brussels?

RunningOnSand

I ran a 10k today too. Sorta last minute decision. Mr. Onemile wanted to run as it was in his hometown and went past his childhood home.   41:18, 1st female overall. First half was into the wind  but I got flowers and a plaque thing for the win

Nice job!! You owned that race!! How awesome you got a bouquet and an amazing plaque. (Huge medal too!)

RunningOnSand

Did you ever visit Waterloo? Where Napoleon was defeated? There a giant mound, w a staircase, leading up to the Lion.

Cool. Which part? I've been there a bunch of times, generally on business.

RunningOnSand

Lots and lots of cheese. That’s all I know. I would also like to know what classifies an American pizza.

What exactly is American pizza? I know NY and Chicago have their own versions.

RunningOnSand

Way to kick ass as always, sir! Weren’t you just wondering about losing speed? I’d say you’ve got plenty

19:25 in my 5K. 6 OA and 2 AG. Huzzah!

RunningOnSand

You should just give in. Think of how nice it would look on your wrist!

The Fenix 5 is on sale for $399. Dear Lord help me

RunningOnSand

Ironically it wasn’t even off the lake, it was out of the south. Go figure

Is is this the same course as WI marathon?

DavePNW

Did you ever visit Waterloo? Where Napoleon was defeated? There a giant mound, w a staircase, leading up to the Lion.

I have not been there - I guess that is in the Walloonian part? I have spent most of my time in the Flemish part. My company has plants in both Gent and Genk (which confuses most Americans). I have also been to Antwerp, Brussels, and Bruges.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I have not been there - I guess that is in the Walloonian part? I have spent most of my time in the Flemish part. My company has plants in both Gent and Genk (which confuses most Americans). I have also been to Antwerp, Brussels, and Bruges.

I should know, but I honestly have no idea.  Waterloo is about 30min outside of Brussels, from my recollection.