Beginners and Beyond

One of them DAILIES (Read 34 times)

onemile

This is the first time I've ever run 200's. It was a blast; impossible NOT to hammer them. Of course I realize I might not feel that way if I had to run 20 of them.

Heh yes and I am guilty of it too

LRB

Or just old.

This is the first time I've ever run 200's. It was a blast; impossible NOT to hammer them. Of course I realize I might not feel that way if I had to run 20 of them.

Throw back.

Actually, if the goal is to hammer them, 20 is just a number.

Zelanie

I am secretly wearing the socks that my daughter got me last week.

LRB

I did run today. I guess I didn't get the memo that today was some sort of global RD. Smile 9.1 for me.

Someone mentioned the other dailies, that ND spends the most days above 90 degrees or something ridiculous like that. I would've thought it was the most days below zero. lol

Cyberic

Ran 6 at MP. Funny how after all the MP miles I've run in the past year, I kinda lost the feeling of that pace. Can't nail it anymore.  Of course it might also be that I lowered my target training MP, but not by much. Anyways, I'm surprised at the difficulty I have running at that pace without thinking about it. I constantly have to look at my watch and bring adjustments.

Cyberic

For intervals, I never program my watch at the track as the watch never aligns with the painted lines

Half Crazy K 2.0

Someone mentioned the other dailies, that ND spends the most days above 90 degrees or something ridiculous like that. I would've thought it was the most days below zero. lol

Could be. But since the weather channel was talking about the heat wave out west, they only covered that. Tune in during a cold spell for that trivia.

DavePNW

Ran 6 at MP. Funny how after all the MP miles I've run in the past year, I kinda lost the feeling of that pace. Can't nail it anymore.  Of course it might also be that I lowered my target training MP, but not by much. Anyways, I'm surprised at the difficulty I have running at that pace without thinking about it. I constantly have to look at my watch and bring adjustments.

Do that workout a few more times and you'll get it. That's what I found with Hansons; I had that GMP dialed in. (Actually holding it for the race was a different matter.) It was tougher with Pfitz, because there are only a handful of MP workouts, all as part of LR's. But I don't think it hurt me in the end.

Dave

onemile

For intervals, I never program my watch at the track as the watch never aligns with the painted lines

I program the interval to go until lap button press, not by distance.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Love that, Z!

I never put the workouts on the watch.  Lap pace for me.  Too much time programming that shit and that is time I don't have.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I've been programming intervals by time.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

You're probably right. It must be like a desert there. Smile Btw, I moved to MN Rick. Get with the program!

- Andrew

onemile

I've been programming intervals by time.

I do both. Depending on what my schedule calls for.  Damaris may be able to keep track of her 20x1 minute on / 1 minute off workout but I can't.

Or the sixteen 400m intervals I am supposed to do on Saturday...

Cyberic

Good point, but then there isn't much sense in programming the thing if you do it by hand, anyways.

I used to program it all the time, now I barely ever do it. I press the lap button and count in my head.

Cyberic

I do both. Depending on what my schedule calls for.  Damaris may be able to keep track of her 20x1 minute on / 1 minute off workout but I can't.

Or the sixteen 400m intervals I am supposed to do on Saturday...

Hummm, yeah. I don't think I could keep track of that either Smile