Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's St. Patty's Tuesdaily (Read 22 times)

GinnyinPA

Happy St. Patricks day to all.  We're currently working our way through a case of Saranac beer (the Spring sampler) so we may have one of those this evening.  No corned beef and cabbage here, though stew is a possibility. I have five miles planned for later.

PAD - enjoy your double.

D - good luck on the hot fast ten

Jerry - have fun at the gym.

Robert - those good runs are why we keep at it.

sapf - enjoy the yoga.  maybe walk a bit if you don't feel like running.  It always helps me loosen up.

Hi Z -

O'HopesMom - I'm glad the performance went so well.

Kathleen - I agree about the green beer.  Enjoy your 4.5.

Lauren - good job getting out in the rain.  Do you wear a rain jacket when you run in the rain?

Brilliant - sounds like you're still feeling the effects of the heat and either dehydration or overhydration.  Make sure you're getting electrolytes.  Hope you feel better soon.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Penguins!

Rain started last night and will supposedly go on until Thursday.   Only misting this morning, so got up before 5 a.m. and was off to the university campus to get in my run/walk done before the heavy rain later in the day.   Misting rain, 100% humidity, dew-point of 62, temp of 63 degrees.  I personally felt really good out there, though, and did my 3-mile campus hill route.  Felt so good that after the last hill - I did 6 hills in all - I went for an extra mile.  Ended up with 4.2 miles total.  I had a GREAT run/walk, felt strong the whole way, even if i was a little wet from the light rain after I was done.

Congrats on the 5, PAD, happy group tonite!

Good luck with the 10, Damaris.  Hope your lungs behave for you, and it is not too warm for you.

Enjoy the health club outing, Jerry, and the corned beef and beer.   I don't see how anyone can enjoy cabbage...

Glad your run went well for you, Robert!  I've always got my green on now with wearing the Team TJ wrist-band every day.

Happy recovery days, sapf!   You earned your rest days.

Way to sing, HsM!  Enjoy the Irish Stew!   Mmmmmm, Guinness....I prefer the light over the dark...

I already drank my life's allotment of beer.   lol, Kathleen, I can relate...during my military days, was in Asia from the time I was 19 until I was 26..and lots of crazy partying going on.. then after Asia, it was Turkey...then Hawaii...then England.... .ahh youth...suffice it to say, I drank a LOT of beer...    Good luck with your miles today!

Nice morning run for you, Lauren.  Hope your racing flats work well for you.

Hope you feel better, Brilliant! And if you are not feeling well...why in the world are you cooking and doing that stuff?  Have those 'lazy guys' of yours do that for you, sheesh!  You are sick, after all...what the heck is wrong with those guys?  

Ginny, you are not CURRENTLY working your way through the beer before you go do your 5-miler, are you?  Yeah, that would be some carbo-loading! And then you end up doing your miles in a weaving pattern.... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

Ginny - I usually wear a rain jacket when it's below 45-50 or so and rainy but today I didn't wear anything special - wasn't too bad, I actually thought it had stopped raining until I stepped outside. A few degrees colder or a few more miles and I might have changed my opinion though.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Thanks!

Glad your run went well for you, Robert!  I've always got my green on now with wearing the Team TJ wrist-band every day.

Running for TJ because he can't.