Beginners and Beyond

Warm Saturdailies! (Read 26 times)

LRB

Presumably a bunch of fast ladies in their 20s, and possibly a bunch of HS/college XC runners.

I missed the question she was responding to; age group placing, not overall. 

LRB

One Race down - two to go.

Pretty much ran this as well as I could.  Lost focus in mile 5 but picked it back up for mile 6.

No one passed me from about the three quarter mile mark, and I passed 5 guys in my age group (they had us wear age group numbers on our backs) from mile 1 through mile 5.  By then it was pretty spread out but I managed to pass one youngster (55-59) with about half mile to go.

Finished 6th of 22 in my age group and 28th of 150 overall.

Winning time was a 55-59 age in 36:43.  Holy Shit!

My time was 45:40.  It was warm and humid but that probably worked to my advantage.

Now for a shower and then some food and drink.

Way to hang in there.

delicate flower

My time was 45:40.  It was warm and humid but that probably worked to my advantage.

Nice race, bluesky!!

<3

Runshortii

Pretty much ran this as well as I could.  Lost focus in mile 5 but picked it back up for mile 6.

No one passed me from about the three quarter mile mark, and I passed 5 guys in my age group (they had us wear age group numbers on our backs) from mile 1 through mile 5.  By then it was pretty spread out but I managed to pass one youngster (55-59) with about half mile to go.

Nice job!!

delicate flower

I am tagging along with wife and friends on their long bike ride this morning.  I think they are doing 70 miles but it'll be an easy 70 miles, if there is such a thing.  

Done.  Only 62 miles, but what it lacked in distance and speed it made up for in hills.  Hillier than the damn race I did last weekend, which by the way we rode a little of today.  Now I am .   I am really looking forward to kicking back and watching Wonder Woman at 5:30.

<3

Runshortii

I ran the Bellin run 10k today. It's always a warm race but a huge event and my mom likes to walk it.  So I after I finished I ran to catch her and walk the rest with her.

Got to high 5 Meb and Jared Ward who also ran it. Kinda cool.

Still a great time even with the heat.

I did not end up filling in for that Ragnar team, I forgot that I have a "work team building function" that I already paid for . They found someone else though, so it all worked out, and I probably would have gotten injured anyway.

I ran 5 today. it was hot. I'm surprised I didn't run slower. I also splurged and ordered the forerunner 235 . It was on sale on Amazon and I had a $20 gift card. It'll be a nice upgrade from my forerunner 15

onemile

Nice job!

onemile

Presumably a bunch of fast ladies in their 20s, and possibly a bunch of HS/college XC runners.

6/300 and 26/6000ish is pretty freaking impressive

oops, it was actually 6/824 AG and 26/6190 Female

LRB

I was going to see The Mummy today, but before I could decide on a time, I got a reminder on my phone at 4:00 that I had a graduation to attend at 7:00. Phew, that was close!

I'll see the flick tomorrow, hopefully. Despite it's less than glowing reviews and Rotten Tomatoes score (17%), I still want to see it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5k. Sucked ass. What's new.

Apparently it sucked for all. 2nd AG.

Something I noticed. If you suspect you are getting an AG or OA award, do you stay til the end of ALL awards? They announced women first. By the time they got to the men, maybe half the crowd was there. Just seems kinda rude.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Something I noticed. If you suspect you are getting an AG or OA award, do you stay til the end of ALL awards? They announced women first. By the time they got to the men, maybe half the crowd was there. Just seems kinda rude.

Unless the post race activities are really dragging on and I know I'm not getting an award I like to stay for all the awards, definitely if I know or suspect I may get one.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Unless the post race activities are really dragging on and I know I'm not getting an award I like to stay for all the awards, definitely if I know or suspect I may get one.

True. There are some races I don't stick around at all. But if I do stay for the awards, I stay til the end.

The race management company for this race is the most efficient one around. 5k started at 8pm. They were ready with awards by 9:15 and done by 9:35. . Plus, you could get a print out with your time, AG, gender & OA placement after the finish, so I would guess most who stayed knew they placed.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, racers!!!

Damaris

Congrats on the placing!

5k. Sucked ass. What's new.

Apparently it sucked for all. 2nd AG.

Well it's pretty rare that I don't know whether or not I'm getting an award by the time the ceremony rolls around. I usually stay till the end, but I'm sure there's times I haven't, if it's been a particularly long wait and I need to get going. But yeah, a lot of folks get their award & go. I definitely don't stay for awards for other races, if any.

Dave

delicate flower

True. There are some races I don't stick around at all. But if I do stay for the awards, I stay til the end.

The race management company for this race is the most efficient one around. 5k started at 8pm. They were ready with awards by 9:15 and done by 9:35. . Plus, you could get a print out with your time, AG, gender & OA placement after the finish, so I would guess most who stayed knew they placed.

If I am getting an award, I'll stay to the end, since M40-49 is usually near the end anyway.  If I have plans though, I'll grab and go. If I don't get an award, I don't stay.  The last two HM's I've placed in, you get your timing ticket after the race and if you earned an award you get it right away.  No ceremony.  I like that.  Congrats on the 2 AG!!

<3