Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES are easy to please (Read 47 times)

Mmmmm...beer

I got a cramp on the top of my foot once during a run. Naturally, I tried flexing my toes while running to get it out, which unbeknownst to me at the time, exacerbated it FFS.

Um yeah, a 10 day stint on the bench followed shortly thereafter.  

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

lol

I'm the poster child for dumb ass running injuries.

cjones1

That picture is great.  It usually happens to me when I'm laying in bed.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

DavePNW

That picture is great.  It usually happens to me when I'm laying in bed.

+1

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

+2

Damaris

DavePNW

I also occasionally get calf cramps while lying in bed. I think I have said this here before, but I have woken up remembering dreaming I had a calf cramp, but not being 100% sure whether it was a dream or if I actually had one.

Dave

PADRunner

The good news: bone density in my lumbar spine has increased by 8.5% since October 2013 and bone quality is amazing.  (It's doubly astounding when you consider that the 2013 scan showed a 20% increase, and MY BONE DENSITY IS STILL LOW.  That just tells you exactly how crappy my bones were when I first started running.)

What have you been taking?

LRB

I also occasionally get calf cramps while lying in bed. I think I have said this here before, but I have woken up remembering dreaming I had a calf cramp, but not being 100% sure whether it was a dream or if I actually had one.

The calf cramps I get overnight leave no doubt that I am awake, my goodness! That pain is only rivaled by the shooting pain I get in my shin some nights. Those have you thinking a bone is broken in your leg but yes, calf cramps are definitely the worst.

bluerun

Super B****

What have you been taking?

Nothing since 2013

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

2000 yard swim in 56 minutes after work (that's a 2:50 swim pace).  That is a good swim for me!  But still pretty bad.

Tagged along with DW on her 20 minute jog when she got home.

<3

workinprogress11

So the last two nights I woke up at around 1AM with some kind of severe allergy thing, and could not get back to sleep till around 4. I am fine when I go to bed, I am fine when I get up in the morning, something happens in the middle of the night. This is actually not an unusual occurrence, but really pisses me off, especially since when it happens it is often multiple nights in a row. Which is makes it tough to get up at early and run. But I did anyway this morning; made worse by the fact that I took Benadryl around 2:00, so was still kind of hung over from it when I got up. I honestly have no memory of hitting the snooze when the alarm went off at 4:45, but somehow got up a few minutes later.

Anyhoo, 7 miles.

Dave, any chance your wife wears some kind of moisturizer or night cream to bed that you could be allergic to?

Welcome back, Lily!  I missed you!  That heel looks painful.

Blue, I'm sorry about your foot. Your bone density is still low?  You don't take vitamin D or calcium, though?  Mine is low too and I take 2,000 units of vitamin D per day as that runs low too.

Between the tick urgent care visit, puking from the antibiotics for the tick bite and a work conference last week I only managed 8 miles for the week. Today was supposed to be a SRD but I banged out 3 just to get something done.

onemile

I ran 8.  Felt pretty crappy. I almost decided to quit 2ish miles in. I just felt sort of dizzy and awful and I almost turned around. Then I decided to try to make it to the 3 mile mark so I could at least have 6.  By then I was feeling better so I just finished the rest.

And 0 for Bruno. He is on the DL (NRR paw pad injury).  

LRB

I ran 8.  Felt pretty crappy. I almost decided to quit 2ish miles in. I just felt sort of dizzy and awful and I almost turned around. Then I decided to try to make it to the 3 mile mark so I could at least have 6.  By then I was feeling better so I just finished the rest.

And 0 for Bruno. He is on the DL (NRR paw pad injury).  

I had a dizzy spell before a run last week but once I started running it went away. It was really weird though.

Hope the pooch recovers well.

LRB

Between the tick urgent care visit, puking from the antibiotics for the tick bite and a work conference last week I only managed 8 miles for the week. Today was supposed to be a SRD but I banged out 3 just to get something done.

How did you even find the tick to know what it was? That's scary.

onemile

Hope the pooch recovers well.