Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins (Read 14 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all!

Ginny - sorry to hear that you messed up your back/are suffering from sciatica =(

I'll be running 4 or so on the TM today.  I was going to go to the Y and swim, but my arms are still sore from Wednesday (looking at you left tricep).  I'd rather ease into it than wind up hurting myself.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Planned on 4 easy miles on the Riverwalk last night. However, I got to a portion where the Riverwalk was blocked for construction, so had to turn around and go back a bit and do a different loop to get back to my car. So ended up with 5.1 miles instead. All good, got my 'long' run in for the week, felt pretty strong out there and the weather was beautiful. Today is a non-running day and then I have 2 5Ks to do this weekend, one on Saturday, one on Sunday.

(((Ginny)))  hope you feel better!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Health club workout done.  Waiting for DW for a short run this morning and hoping for a warm LR this weekend.

Feel better, Ginny and safe travels.

PADRunner

Morning,  I'm off and a RD for me today. I'm going to try to get a massage. My back is aching pretty bad. I've been running Cat5 cable all week. Crawling around in ceilings and up and down ladders.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I'm back at work after my conference, and it seems pretty clear that the world cannot survive without me.  Sheesh!!  It's going to take me a while to get caught back up again.  But hey, it's Friday, so that's good.  I have quartet coaching tonight, which will be fun and intense.  Then (thankfully) I have a pretty calm weekend ahead!  It's supposed to be a little warmer (and we are SO missing that awesome Ft. Lauderdale weather) so I suspect there will be a bike ride in my future.  Hope I remember how that thing works!!

Jill -- Enjoy your TM 4!!

Scotty -- Have a good RD, and good luck with this weekend's races!!

Jerryb -- woo-hoo for your working done, have a good short run!!

PAD -- Massage, awesome!!  Hope it works out for you!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

GAH. I just submitted my life's information to a firm that matches candidates with private school teaching jobs D: D: D: Such an adult! Husband's boss suggested it. Apparently I'll hear back within a couple weeks as to whether they think they might be able place me somewhere or not. In the meantime, I have changed my facebook name and locked things down because I swear too goddamn much and post political things on there in between cat pictures, and I fear that they might stalk me and blacklist me for that kinda thing in this day and age.

4 recovery miles this morning, felt nice after hills yesterday.