Beginners and Beyond

Light Bulb WednesDAILIES (Read 35 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

And you guys use the track markers to measure distance? Or GPS? I go manual lap in lane 1 or 2.

GPS and program the workout into Garmin. Although recently I have been doing intervals by time.

Cyberic

And you guys use the track markers to measure distance? Or GPS? I go manual lap in lane 1 or 2.

I do both, but not at the same time. Sometimes I manual lap in lane 1, and take my jog rest laps in lane 3 or 4, and sometimes it's all programmed in the watch and I listen to the beeps. Then I don't care about the lane, of course, and sometimes I'll so the workout in a park.

More often than not, though, if I'm on a track, I'll manual lap.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ah. Homogenized milk is more likely to raise a brow then than breast milk. lol

I think there is every variety of plant based milk in the work fridge. Don't know that there is any from a cow.

onemile

Yes, that's what I do.  I program the workout but for "lap button press" and not GPS distance

onemile

I ran 10

If we are taking a poll: no watch programming, just hit the lap button as needed, using the lane markers. Repeats are run in lane 1; recoveries also in lane 1, unless there happens to be someone else on the track running intervals, then I move out a lane or two. And would run the repeats in lane 2 as well, if that person was faster than me. Some portion of warmup and/or cooldown usually in the outermost lane, just to get slightly more mileage out of a lap.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I could program mine, but I'm too lazy.

Anyway, breathing was low so no running.  Hoping it's better tomorrow.

Damaris

Zelanie

If we are taking a poll: no watch programming, just hit the lap button as needed, using the lane markers. Repeats are run in lane 1; recoveries also in lane 1, unless there happens to be someone else on the track running intervals, then I move out a lane or two. And would run the repeats in lane 2 as well, if that person was faster than me. Some portion of warmup and/or cooldown usually in the outermost lane, just to get slightly more mileage out of a lap.

This is exactly me, except that I run a lot of recoveries on laps further outside, just so I can squeeze as much time into my recovery as possible.  But I generally go to the track when there's a group there, so leaving plenty of space for those who are actually running workouts is also polite.

Yeah, warmups and cooldowns in lane 8 means I don't have to do as many laps, which somehow means I don't have to run as far, right?