Beginners and Beyond

2013 Rock n Roll Savannah RR (my first HM) (Read 88 times)

on my way to badass

Since I'm new here I've been reading every new post as it comes along.  I have been enthralled by all the race reports.  Especially Robert's.  We seem to have similar goals in our running and fitness.  I'm just about a year behind;-)

Go team TJ!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

camille2

Way to go, Robert!  I'll bet TJ is very proud of you!

happylily

Congratulations on your first half-marathon, Robert! You have come a long way and should be proud of yourself! The shirt you had made with the picture of your son is very moving, so nice that you ran with him in this way... I think you did great, even though you did not exactly reach your time goal, you accomplished other things just as important: you went through a training cycle, stood bravely at the start line for a distance you had never done before, learned a few things that you will use in the future and finished happy. What more can one ask? You rock! I would so much love to visit Savannah one day, I heard it's beautiful there. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I can't wait to hear about your 2014 Alabama race, though! It will be fabulous! Thanks for sharing, you are always so inspiring to all of us.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Congrats, Team TJ.

What a great thing to do, glad to hear that you're going to run more HMs in the future.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Way to pull through it Robert. Next one will be better.  Go Team TJ !!!!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Official finish line death trot photo...

Running for TJ because he can't.

happylily

That's a great picture, Robert. You look like you mean business!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010