Beginners and Beyond

Divas Half Marathon Long Island (long-ass RR) (Read 47 times)

onemile

I seriously don't get this....doing a women's race and racing it.  I would feel completely out of place and awkward.

I can't speak for other women but I enjoy having some men in my races 

LRB

It would take an act of congress to get me to race a women's race, and even then the chances I veto that act are high and likely. lol

We don't have many here that I know of. I don't remember the name of it, but there is a chocolate run that caters to women here. Men run it as well, and I was actually offered a chance to pace it once but I passed. Let the ladies have their day, I say.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Congrats on the PR and AG bling. The tutu & tiara picture is great.

If you are a single guy, I would think these races could be a gold mine. DH told his (single) friend when we were in AC for me to do the half that there were tons of women, it should be like shooting fish in a barrel. And if he got shot down, just move on to the next. 

PADRunner

Great race! You could always Goth your tutu,

bluerun

Super B****

Congrats on your race and breaking 1:35.  Maybe it was that 'magic tail' you got at that table. 

Thanks... I'm sure it was the tail that showed up when I only had a mile to go!  Thanks for nothing, tail.

That was an epic post. EPIC.

True to my siggy.

Hey bluerun, it's really cool you had a great race.

I know you'll keep your skepticism about the MacMillan numbers, but you are a stronger runner than you give yourself credit for. This race proved it, and should boost your confidence some.

Entertaining RR, too.  I would not have raised my hands for the starting line pic, but you did! You were part of the pink tutus gang.  That put a smile on my face for the rest of the RR.

Congratulations on a great race.

MTA: The boa tail pic is a nice floater!

Thank you!!  I'm skeptical of the McMillan numbers because I've been trying for some of those forever and it just doesn't seem like they'll ever happen (mile, 5K), and I just suck at some distances (10K, marathon).  Since I can't train like a normal person, I don't have an arsenal of successfully completed workouts to make me believe I can accomplish something until I've actually DONE it.

And I felt like a moron ... the photographer is all, "EVERYONE THROW YOUR HANDS UP IN THE AIR!" and I'd have felt like an idiot if I did or if I didn't, because everyone else did, so... yep.

Congrats on the PR and AG bling. The tutu & tiara picture is great.

If you are a single guy, I would think these races could be a gold mine. DH told his (single) friend when we were in AC for me to do the half that there were tons of women, it should be like shooting fish in a barrel. And if he got shot down, just move on to the next. 

Greatly embarrassing.  Thanks!!

Right, because that would be a totally normal thing to do.  Maybe it's just me, but I'd be a little creeped out.

Great race! You could always Goth your tutu,

Thanks!  Sure, I'll just dye it black and shred the hem... or not.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I seriously don't get this....doing a women's race and racing it.  I would feel completely out of place and awkward.

I don't know about the "racing" aspect but it would be damned hard (heh) not chasing down some pace booty.

You people have issues 

bluerun

Super B****

I don't know about the "racing" aspect but it would be damned hard (heh) not chasing down some pace booty.

So I should be insulted that he fell apart after I passed him, then?

chasing the impossible

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

So I should be insulted that he fell apart after I passed him, then?

No, he just couldn't keep it going long enough.

You people have issues 

Hip Redux

My first half was an all woman's half and my (male) friend was nice enough to pace me.   There were actually quite a few men, and all were with their female counterparts (and with some pretty funny t-shirts commemorating the event).

In the swag bag there were such items as tampons and whatnots and my friend very sheepishly let me have his bag.  lol

Well I gave you most of what I had to say about this in the dailies. You destroyed this race, just crushed it. And I am totally envious. My last one I thought I might have 1:35 in me, and held pretty tight 7:15-7:20 through 9, but could not hang on.

Regarding the McMillan predictions - 5k & even marathon are tough to extrapolate from HM, but I would thing you'd be able to nail the 10k. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

There were a couple of women's races I've looked at which were attractive in terms of scheduling, location, & course profile. But could not bring myself to pull the trigger. I don't think I could do it.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Well I gave you most of what I had to say about this in the dailies. You destroyed this race, just crushed it. And I am totally envious. My last one I thought I might have 1:35 in me, and held pretty tight 7:15-7:20 through 9, but could not hang on.

Regarding the McMillan predictions - 5k & even marathon are tough to extrapolate from HM, but I would thing you'd be able to nail the 10k. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

There were a couple of women's races I've looked at which were attractive in terms of scheduling, location, & course profile. But could not bring myself to pull the trigger. I don't think I could do it.

I predict I will run a slower pace than this... because I suck at 10Ks that badly.

chasing the impossible