Beginners and Beyond

Strangest race I ever saw (Read 75 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

This is a long video, about 17 minutes, because it's the Penn Relays 4 x 1 mile race, but sit through or fast forward to the anchor leg to see some of the oddest, most unusual tactics ever in a high level race

Penn Relays 4 x 1 Mile Relay

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Not often see you runners being booed during a race. lol

He got smoked the last 200 because dude had a ton left in the tank. Betcha he won't try that stupid crap again.

Haha.  It makes sense though, if everyone in the lead pack has the same strategy to sit and kick instead of getting picked off by going too early.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Not often see you runners being booed during a race. lol

He got smoked the last 200 because dude had a ton left in the tank. Betcha he won't try that stupid crap again.

Willamsz also has an 800m PB about 3 seconds faster than Chererek's, 1:46.77 vs 1:49.98.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Hip Redux

I do not understand.  What the hell was that?

Love the Half

Wow.  You will see stuff like that in Velodrome cycling and I have even seen both bikes come to a complete stop.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I do not understand.  What the hell was that?

I'm sure there are a lot of track fans who are asking that question. I'd have loved to be eavesdropping on coach-runner conversations after that race. I've seen a lot of races where the pace is so slow that good HS runners could stay with the pack, but never one where they almost came to a dead stop. If you look at the DMR where Cheserek sat and kicked on Williamsz, you can understand why Williamsz wanted to turn the tables, but why no one else would take the lead is mystifying. At one point mid-way on the back stretch of the last lap it looked like they might both get boxed in and have a real dark horse team pull off an upset.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Cyberic

Might be unusual, but to my uneducated eyes, this was entertaining!