Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies and IT'S STILL DARK. (Read 45 times)

LRB

So I'm probably not doing the HM next weekend, partially because DW has made other plans for me, which helped the decision-making process. I might do one on 11/14. If anyone has any training suggestions for the next 4 weeks, I'm open to ideas; I've never trained specifically for HM before.

Have you got your eye on starting another cycle?

Have you got your eye on starting another cycle?

If you mean marathon, no. I have not picked a spring race & haven't thought too much about it. Although before you know it, it will be upon us.

Just taking it as it comes right now.

Dave

LRB

If you mean marathon, no. I have not picked a spring race & haven't thought too much about it. Although before you know it, it will be upon us.

Just taking it as it comes right now.

Oh.

Anyway, *I* would continue to work on getting my legs and speed back with the traditional Tuesday 4 - 5 x 1200 or mile at T (roughly 5 - 8 seconds slower than 10k pace) and Saturday 4 - 5 x 1000 VO2 max, which as Cy has pointed out is essentially 5k pace give or take a second or two. Those workouts have stood the test of time and form the foundation of my training.

You could also kick up the T workout a notch and make it steady state run of 3 to 4 miles (10 miles total with warm-up and cool down). I am not sure there is enough time for all of that but I'm just throwing it out there. All I really do in a nutshell every week is a T workout and an interval workout, with a Sunday long run of 10 - 12 miles. No rocket science there, sorry.

You should have your favorite workouts figured out by now but one of my favorite HM workouts is 3 E + 3 M + 4 x 1200 T + 3 M. No there is no HMP in there but with the T intervals it is a really tough workout. The MP miles give you that rhythm you are looking for without taxing you, which is what running at HMP does to me sometimes.

Having said that training at HMP as has been suggested is an excellent choice, and might actually be better for the type of runner you are. That is something to consider as my suggestions are more speed oriented, which is the type of workouts I prefer.

hog4life

Mileage game playoffs annual hiding of the log. 

I didn't hide my log last year and my team won! This year we sucked, and I'm still hiding my log, LOL

LRB

10 miles done. Avg pace 8:15 including the w/u and c/d. First afternoon run in forever. Drivers be crazy.

They will run your ass over to get to where they're going that's for sure.