Beginners and Beyond

Finally Fridailies (Read 46 times)

Rondog65

A SRD today, good thing with it being the hottest day of the year.  Got my run in yesterday afternoon (4.6 miles) despite the disbelief othey DW.  However inspite of all (heat, dew point, humidity, etc.) it was the first run in awhile that clicked so I was glad that I got it in.

The nice thing about having a uniform for work is that it takes out the inappropriate stuff I have read about.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I meant for court!!!!

Read my post, damn it!

Hmmmm, well I better make sure I clean my closet out of all the stripper heels.Big grin

And better get rid of all that spandex biking and running gear and  that ridiculous wet suit.

I hear lots of people think over 50 women shouldn't be wearing that stuff either.Big grin

Hubby and I are heading out tomorrow morning for a 4 hour drive north and a weekend away.

Doing our first ocean swim triathlon on Sunday. Jellyfish are common in the area and I'm

going to try not to get dragged out to sea. Making it to the finish line is my main goal!

Damaris

Just B.S.

I meant for court!!!!

Read my post, damn it!

Your post said "if you are over 50 they start looking ridiculous"

So I would say court or not, that comment relates to women over 50 wearing high heels.

Not that I wear them often, but I look damn good when I do.Big grin

LRB

Doing our first ocean swim triathlon on Sunday.

Good luck to you and the Hubster!

Jess, are you trying to kill yourself or get caught on camera "relieving" yourself during your next run lol!

Hi Meaghan!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The post only talks about women wearing stripper heels in court.  I don't know where you got your conclusions but that is not what I was talking about.

Your post said "if you are over 50 they start looking ridiculous"

So I would say court or not, that comment relates to women over 50 wearing high heels.

Not that I wear them often, but I look damn good when I do.Big grin

Damaris

Just B.S.

Good luck to you and the Hubster!

Thanks LRB!

We are already register for another Aug 25 and found one to race August 31st when we are

in Ottawa visiting our son for the long weekend. That will be 5 for me this year and 4 for hubby in his

first season of tri.

We are signing up tomorrow for the early discount on a 1/2 Iron next July.  I get nervous just

typing that.Big grin

happylily

I'm not over 50 yet (not for many, many, MANY years) so I can wear whatever I want. Na na!!! Big grin  But I'm going to be a damn grand-mother in a few months, so does that change things for me? If so, grrr... For the record, I've always looked atrociously ridiculous in stripper heels, mostly because I can't walk straight with them on and I have that "OMG I'm gonna fall!" expression on my face whenever I wear anything higher than 2.5 inches. But if I could wear them, on occasion, I would. Not at work though. I work in a daycare and I think the parents would start wondering about my sanity if I wore high heels there. lol...

Damaris, I agree that anyone who works in an environment such as court has a responsibility to dress up for the job. Pajamas like bottoms are cute only when worn at home, in the evening. Otherwise, they are UGLY!

SIAR, I meant to thank you for your kind advice yesterday. Smile And everybody else, I've read all of your posts today, but it's so hot here and it makes me so lazy even though I want to comment to all of you. I'm sorry... :-(

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

8 easy treadmill miles done, after physical therapy.  My therapist gave me the ok to start trail running.  HOORAY!  Mountain biking in a week or two, skiing in December.  We're dropping the therapy from two sessions a week to one.  Four more sessions and I am done.  Sweet.

Beth, good luck to you and Mr. Beth on your tris!

<3

Hip Redux

We had pizza for dinner tonight.   ALL YOUR FAULT.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I better not be the one that started it!

Here is my pic, just in case:

Damaris

Just B.S.

8 easy treadmill miles done, after physical therapy.  My therapist gave me the ok to start trail running.  HOORAY!  Mountain biking in a week or two, skiing in December.  We're dropping the therapy from two sessions a week to one.  Four more sessions and I am done.  Sweet.

Beth, good luck to you and Mr. Beth on your tris!

Thanks!! We just got back from a walk and he informed me that in Ottawa we are going

to do the Olympic distance, not a sprint. Oh well, better to know ahead of time.Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck!

How's the weather going to be like?

Thanks!! We just got back from a walk and he informed me that in Ottawa we are going

to do the Olympic distance, not a sprint. Oh well, better to know ahead of time.Smile

Damaris

B-Plus

I better not be the one that started it!

Here is my pic, just in case:

That looks amazing!

B-Plus

6 @ 8:58

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was. This place makes great pizza and pasta.  It's very expensive but so is the rest of downtown.  Worth it!

That looks amazing!

Damaris