Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins are taking a day off (Read 25 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

At least I am.  And I know Damaris is - lucky lady. Anybody else?

PADRunner

Morning. Not me. I had to mow the weeds so I could spread weed killer one them. Work later.

tracilynn

Me too. I'm kidless today and have not done anything but hold the couch down while watching some Old Breaking Bad season 1. I will PROB do my core routine later.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Not me.  Ran 7.2 and did a one hour yoga class.  Rest day will be Monday.  I'm thinking of running a LR tomorrow and then doing my race on Sunday as a tempo run.  I'm in the race more for 9+1 credit than for time and I haven't done any specific training for it.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

sapf - I thought you already had the 9+1 or are you already working toward next year?  Four miles is a good distance for a tempo run, with an easy warm-up before.

Amazonian Princess

No day off today for me either, I'm posting while I eat lunch at my desk

Had my 2-week follow up with the Ophthalmologist yesterday; good news is that she doesn't think the corneal damage is permanent (I guess that photo of LRB in manpri's had healing qualities )  but less good news is that she expects it to take about 6 more weeks to heal. Gave me another prescription to add to the drops, compresses, and ointment regimen, and then come back in another 2 weeks.

Gym workout tonight and a longish run tomorrow. It's a PITA not being able to see well and I really, REALLY just want to curl up and hide, but if it turns out this is my new normal then I need to get over it. Now if there's just a way to convince Mr. Bacon that doing dishes is bad for my corneas...

I can. I will. I am. 

Zelanie

Bacon- That is good news!

AFM, conferences suck. I did get my 3 mile runch in. Still have 4 hours of work left tonight. Coffee time.

Haven't stopped moving since my feet hit the ground...until now. Had a sleepless night - feel a chest cold coming on - and got up with 10 minutes to get out the door on time for work. Man, I can be quick...thank goodness for pixie haircuts.  Another crazy busy day at work, then home and back out the door for 3-5. Why are the first 2 miles so hard sometimes? Got into a grove, enjoyed the beautiful weather, and stuck with it for 5. I keep saying, "One of these days, things will slow down," but I must be lying to myself.

Baconista - so glad for your good news. Whew!!

sapf - what do you mean 9+1?

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K