Beginners and Beyond

Labor DAILIES (or Labour depending on your persuasion) (Read 42 times)

LRB

You lie!

I'm a lot of things but a liar is not one of them (well, on this topic anyway ). I never said I was doing CIM.

I never taper enough to get 'madness' I am always running more than I want to be running during taper. I think most people taper too much.

Hell if I know what the right amount to taper is. But I'm usually happy to have a reduction by that point. It feels like I'm running a lot less, even if mpw is still in the 50s. And I'm typically anxious to get to race day.

Dave

LRB

Speaking of dumb races; I received an email from IMM urging me to register for this year's race. I did already, do they want me to do it again? 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Had a great time seeing family, we played some badmiton and volleyball. It was only extremely miserable when the sun was out. Home now.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 easy and strength training.

From the Internet.

I've never had it either.  I have madness 24/7, the thought of an increase in that is kind of frightening.

LOL

I actually don't even know what my taper is yet - coach said we'd work out the specifics once I get closer. In my calendar I have peak weeks mapped out and then nada.

I've been feeling surprisingly good in the high 50s/not-quite-60, so I could see sticking to low 50s for the first week pretty easily.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Speaking of dumb races; I received an email from IMM urging me to register for this year's race. I did already, do they want me to do it again? 

I get those all the time, and I'm like already going, STFU.

Damaris

No more marathons

I never taper enough to get 'madness' I am always running more than I want to be running during taper. I think most people taper too much.

I would usually start tapering about 2 weeks into my 18 week plan.  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

Hell if I know what the right amount to taper is. But I'm usually happy to have a reduction by that point. It feels like I'm running a lot less, even if mpw is still in the 50s. And I'm typically anxious to get to race day.

+1

bluerun

Super B****

I get those all the time, and I'm like already going, STFU.

Trust me, this is a lot less irritating than getting entreaties to enter a race you HAVEN'T entered because you broke something again.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Trust me, this is a lot less irritating than getting entreaties to enter a race you HAVEN'T entered because you broke something again.

Yeah, we got those too with husband's brain tumor.  Welcome and good luck at the Iceland Marathon and HM!  FFS.

Damaris