Beginners and Beyond

Monday 5/15 - Run (Read 31 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training.

Cyberic

Cyberic

I missed all the counting fun today. Of course with my habit of not caring about the number, and calculating in kms, I have a whole bunch of runs just short of a nice round number, for which I could have kept going for a lap around the block or something. Of course it seems dumb of my part when we're counting our runs like this. But I'm just not going to count them, and I'm ok 

Half Crazy K 2.0

I missed all the counting fun today. Of course with my habit of not caring about the number, and calculating in kms, I have a whole bunch of runs just short of a nice round number, for which I could have kept going for a lap around the block or something. Of course it seems dumb of my part when we're counting our runs like this. But I'm just not going to count them, and I'm ok 

If you use Garmin Connect, you can search on runs based on distance. Makes the counting easier. Or, only do enough so that you can count them on one hand.

Cyberic

If you use Garmin Connect, you can search on runs based on distance. Makes the counting easier. Or, only do enough so that you can count them on one hand.

I had a Timex for my first 2.5 years of running. Of course I wasn't running many 16 milers in those days Smile

It's not the counting that's the dumb part, it's the doing all that running FFS. So you are not excluded from the idiot brigade.

And anyway, not sure how other people are doing it, but I see no actual counting involved. You run a report from your RA log of all runs of a certain distance range, click summary, and it does the counting for you.

Dave

Cyberic

It's not the counting that's the dumb part, it's the doing all that running FFS. So you are not excluded from the idiot brigade.

And anyway, not sure how other people are doing it, but I see no actual counting involved. You run a report from your RA log of all runs of a certain distance range, click summary, and it does the counting for you.

That's how I'd do it too. That's the whole point of using RA: accessing our data with custom filters to see it however we want.

MTA: And yes, I'm part of the idiot brigade, but one notch less than those who like their runs to be a round number, or so I tell myself 

onemile

I ran 6. Felt somewhat better

Zelanie

I do, it has gotten a little slow - I am at the point where Ona and Quinn and Belle go on their 'roadtrip' and I guess I am more interested in the conversations between the boy and Ona...

Yeah, sadly the book is not really about any of them as much as it is about Quinn.  I still thought it was a good story though.

onemile

Yeah, sadly the book is not really about any of them as much as it is about Quinn.  I still thought it was a good story though.

The problem is, I don't like Quinn very much.  I do like the book though