Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies marathoners and whatnot (Read 53 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Baboon!

Pleasant Ridge, you couldn't go the full 50K?  Sheesh.  Nice job!

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Pleasant Ridge, you couldn't go the full 50K?  Sheesh.  Nice job!

I probably could have, but I absolutely didn't want to.  The last 2 miles were a mental battle I did not enjoy.  "You covered the marathon distance, you can stop now" was playing on repeat.

Runner with a riding problem.

happylily

Awesome running, PR! You have very strong legs. 

I ran 12 @ 7:44 pace and 3 more much slower miles, for a total of 15. I made the mistake of eating a big bowl of nuts before I started on my run. My stomach was not happy at all and now I feel like barfing (pardon me for the not so elegant word, but it describes how I feel). Off to take a bath now.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

hog4life

Phil, congrats on the pie!

Step, congrats on the AG.

onemile, holy shit! A big congratulations to you.

I got 23.5 miles on the trails this morning, it rained the whole time! And it took just 5 hours!

Ric-G

Yes, I ran  the most bizarro marathon today with a severe descent for the first half followed by what seemed like a wall of hills throughout the second half in between more second half descents and one little other hill in mile 25. I normally suck at pacing big time and this was not the marathon to try to pace well.  Finished in 3:33 which is my slowest time in a while. Not really upset as it was a bizarre ass course. I was even tempted to walk when my splits took a dive. Never did though. Interesting post race comments from a lot of people. More later.

rick- sorry, but these things are weird. want to hear more.

congrats onemile...simply awesome!

congrats phil - medal and pecan pie aint so bad

congrats step and fs on the AG awards

marathon pr - 3:16

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Awesome ass kicking onemile!!!

As for me, 30:26 finish time.

4th place overall female

1st place AG

Total ass kicking but I feel great, I've definitely got add those trails to my weekly regimen.

Congrats FS!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats FS!

Great job to you too Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Congrats FS!

+ 1

Boon I'll take a slice of pecan pie, I used to like it as a kid. Why don't you bash me in the face with it. lol

onemile

onemile, WTG!  You did not fuck around today.  That time sorta makes me scared of you.

I jogged 46k this morning.  The run had a fuckton of hills, about 2900ft elevation gain.  I'm tired and hangry, but feel good.  The last 8 miles(after the big hills) were the fastest.  I hope the confidence boost I got out of it makes it worth the recovery.

Honestly, this is more impressive than my race.  To do this on your own, without the help of a race environment. I couldn't.

Cyberic

Congrats George, FS and Ric-G. If you're racing it means you're training, which means you're running, which means all is good!

Congrats Step on the AG award

LRB

I'm on my way home, got about 5 hours to go. I spent some time with a couple of forum Foxes before I left, that was cool. Cool

onemile

Baboon & FS, congrats on the AG wins. And Step on the 3rd place finish.

I am pretty sore and tired. But pretty happy with my race today. Thanks for the congrats 

happylily

Honestly, this is more impressive than my race.  To do this on your own, without the help of a race environment. I couldn't.

Well I could not do what you did, even in a race environment, with a million dollar prize if I finished in 3:17, or, a bullet in my head if I didn't. So....

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

Well I could not do what you did, even in a race environment, with a million dollar prize if I finished in 3:17, or, a bullet in my head if I didn't. So....

I'm also 15 yrs younger than you though!

LRB

I'm also 17 yrs younger than you though!

FYP.