Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES: I once knew a girl named Friday (Read 40 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I work in IT, for school boards. In large conference rooms, you can easily differenciate IT folks from teachers.

IT folks actually listen to the conference in front, wheras teachers are all on their iPads, iPhones or iDontGiveAFuckAboutYouInFrontImATeacherAndKnowItAllBetterThanYouDo device. Some IT managers are also on their phones though, so sometimes I'll mistake them for teachers.

So true. I work in accounting/ finance for school programs.

Zelanie

How long would you be running vs. total race distance?

I was thinking of running mile 20 through 26.1

LRB

If I was really nurturing her, I'd have run all 10! I can't keep up anymore.

This brings me to my dilemma- Is it bad to run a leg of a race with somebody if you're not registered? I'm leaning towards not going because I'll be on course and adding to the congestion, but not sure if that's just me being overly scrupulous.

I have done it but I do not have any hang ups about that kind of stuff so it did not bother me.

If it is something that is going to cause you grief then I would say don't do it.

LRB

Should we have a contest to come up with your new username? I'm thinking LRB+LBS, or possibly LRBeef.

I like the latter but since I do not partake in the angus anymore let's just go with fat ass tree trunk. lol

DavePNW

I have done it but I do not have any hang ups about that kind of stuff so it did not bother me.

If it is something that is going to cause you grief then I would say don't do it.

I recall someone running miles 5-6.1 of my first 10k with me. 

Zel, it might help if you knew what kind of congestion there will be, if any. In 3 of my 4, the field thinned out enough late in the race that you wouldn't notice another runner on the course. In one, the half started later, and we merged with the half field at ~mile 21. That got a bit congested & annoying because it was slower half runners, and I didn't have the energy to yell at people to get out of my way. I just sort of grunted as I came up behind people.

Dave

delicate flower

3.4 easy miles.  90 degrees.    Time to go make pizza.

<3

Zelanie

Dave, this race is known for being pretty quiet and low key.

Half Crazy K 2.0

7.2 hot and hilly miles.

B-Plus

LRB

Yo LRB, what's happening out there?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/macomb/2015/05/08/stony-creek-metropark-bike-accident/27014439/

OMG! I run there and know a million people that run, walk and bike there! That is horrible!

Hip Redux

OMG! I run there and know a million people that run, walk and bike there! That is horrible!

Ugh, awful.

happylily

Urgh... It was 81F when I ran my 10 miles tonight. How did this happen? How about progressive adaptation? Have some mercy on us, Mother Nature! Anyway, I was able to do 7x800m (slow) speed intervals. Better than nothing.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

From the Internet.

Boring meeting and workshops today. Now we have to sit through a 90 minute keynote speaker. Total BS. I am in the back reading forums and playing Clash of Clans. I'm a bad boy.

Oh man, husband sucked me in to Clash of Clans a few weeks ago - it's addicting!

LRB

Urgh... It was 81F when I ran my 10 miles tonight. How did this happen? How about progressive adaptation? Have some mercy on us, Mother Nature!

Someone asked was it too early too complain about the weather, and the answer of course is it's never too early to complain about the weather.

Hip Redux

Someone asked was it too early too complain about the weather, and the answer of course is it's never too early to complain about the weather.