Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies on 7-Eleven (Read 40 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

84F/29C, sunny, and humid - 8.5 miles and I felt like I was being broiled.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

All this 5K talk is making me not want to run any of those ever again, as I thought.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice race & PR Dave P! I assume a Pacific Northwest seafood festival is far different from a Maryland one (lots of blue crabs, some shrimp and other stuff, and always Old Bay or JO).

DavePNW

At my last one, I knew it wouldn't be good. My legs had been feeling bad since Boston and my warm up miles felt terrible. 

Pretty much how I felt today. Sluggish warmup, threw a few halfhearted strides at the end but probably not even at MP. First 2 miles really felt like max 5k effort, even though splits don't show it. But to Baboon's point, yeah that last mile felt good, wherever it came from.

Of of course the thing with 5k's is the pain is over so quickly. And it's nice to be able to slide them into the calendar without worrying about taper/recovery. Well maybe I should, but I don't; did 8 @MP on Thurs, and LR on tap tomorrow.

Dave

LRB

Word. 

That is a brutal workout in any conditions.

My shoes are wet and squishy just thinking about it.

Sometimes you do what you gotta do though, and what we need to do is but lily bear a turbo fan the size of a appliance!

workinprogress11

5k done, and done.

At last - 20:54. (Garmin 20:48)

6:50, 6:54, 6:30. 

I pretty much wrote the thing off all the way into the 3rd mile, since I could not seem to push myself faster than 6:50ish, and was even slipping to 7:00. But somehow found another gear late.

Told ya.  Congratulations!  6:30 last mile?  Wtf?

workinprogress11

7 miles, 83% humidity. I might stop sweating enough to take a shower next Tuesday.

Zelanie

No good shoes at the sale.  They had the ugliest pair of Kinvaras I'd ever seen for $68, or a pair of Breakthrus that are the exact same color as ones I'm not quite ready to replace for 20% off.  I came home and ordered myself a pair of Zealots.    I can get the Breakthrus for 15% off any time with my club discount, so might as well wait on those.

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles, 83% humidity. I might stop sweating enough to take a shower next Tuesday.

Cool shower. Seems to help me. Course we keep the house warm, so post shower I start sweating again. 

Baboon

delicate flower

Tonight's entertainment:  The Expendables 3.

<3

Hip Redux

I'm sorry.

LRB

I saw 1 and 2, still need to see 3. Your opinion of it is welcomed.

LRB

I'm sorry.

You on the other hand, are in timeout. 

B-Plus

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We watched it again last night.  Stop copying us!

6 miles with hubby. It started with feels like 95F and ended up with 90Fish.  I had to be forced to go outside, FFS.  13 miles for the day.

Damaris