Beginners and Beyond

First race back (Read 100 times)

Nevrgivup

Thank you so much. Its strange how something so horrid can have such an effect on what I love the most. It brings me to tears to think how much I love to run and truthfully how happy I am to regain my love of racing.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Nice job. It's wonderful to see you back out there. Here's to keeping that "spark" burning brightly!

Just B.S.

Awesome job Hil!! You rock!!

hog4life

Hilary, congrats on starting to get your mojo back. Thanks for sharing.

Rondog65

Outstanding recruit, outstanding, you rock and that was great RR.  Glad to know you are on your way back.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Great to see you're out there again running and racing!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

GinnyinPA

Hilary - I'm so glad that you decided to race again, and that you had fun doing it.  Way to go.

Will run for scenery.

Is there an echo in here ?

Glad to see you back !

I don't have a Garmin, just a wristwatch that keeps track of splits.  So either I run on a treadmill with the numbers right in my face (and a belt to enforce them !)  or "in real life" where I usually don't have (or don't see) mile markers and have to sort of guess or calculate when I get home.

Sometimes it's great to have the outside discipline of the treadmill, but I think it's important to learn how to "feel" your pace (which I haven't done !) and learn how to "remember" not to slow down (Again, haven't done it yet!).

Anyway, congrats on the race and nice to hear from you.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

runwell3

wow, nevrgivup,  that's a great time and result for your first race back!  Congratulations on regaining your heart, legs, courage, and strength.  Good luck to you on your running journey & I hope that you really savor all your coming pr's and accomplishments.

Hilary, great news that you are mentally in the right place to race again.  The speed will come back, that's the easy part.

Congrats on getting back to it.

Great to see you're back out there!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Welcome back!  Great race, but mostly just happy to see that you're doing well.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013