Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Doing the damn thing (Read 30 times)

onemile

You knocked almost 40 seconds per mile off of yesterday's average pace. Guess you're ready for more now.

My legs have felt unusually sore/stiff lately. Not sure if it's the longer runs in the 70-80 degree temps or what.

LRB

I ran 4.75.

Felt rugged but not as bad as this morning.

GinnyinPA

Forecast was for light rain, so I headed outside for my run. It was 83 with a DP of 72, so I was praying for the rain to start sooner rather than later. We got about 10 drops. I managed 6.3 miles. Best part was grazing on ripe blackberries in one neighborhood (cul de sac with no houses) and the blow up snowman with a sign saying, "Think snow!"

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

RD

Damaris

LRB

Forecast was for light rain, so I headed outside for my run. It was 83 with a DP of 72, so I was praying for the rain to start sooner rather than later. We got about 10 drops. I managed 6.3 miles. Best part was grazing on ripe blackberries in one neighborhood (cul de sac with no houses) and the blow up snowman with a sign saying, "Think snow!"

lol - sorry!

onemile

Hey KC. Have you ever run the Run Mag Mile race in Chicago?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. Storms went just north of us this time.

KCRuns

Yes, I ran the half in 2015.  It was a good, well organized race, but it was Labor Day weekend, so it was Hot.  I would do it again for fun, but not as a goal race because of the heat. Of course, if you get a cool day, it could be perfect.

Hey KC. Have you ever run the Run Mag Mile race in Chicago?

onemile

Yes, I ran the half in 2015.  It was a good, well organized race, but it was Labor Day weekend, so it was Hot.  I would do it again for fun, but not as a goal race because of the heat. Of course, if you get a cool day, it could be perfect.

Hmm it's Sept 7. I'm looking for a 10k late August/Early Sept -  am not expecting it to be ideal racing conditions but preferably not HOT.  Chicago might be a little warmer than my WI options.

KCRuns

Hmm it's Sept 7. I'm looking for a 10k late August/Early Sept -  am not expecting it to be ideal racing conditions but preferably not HOT.  Chicago might be a little warmer than my WI options.

It might be fine for a 10k, but early Sept weather around here could go either way.  I need to start looking for a half in mid September and was thinking of driving north to Wisconsin or Michigan for better weather.

onemile

It might be fine for a 10k, but early Sept weather around here could go either way.  I need to start looking for a half in mid September and was thinking of driving north to Wisconsin or Michigan for better weather.

The Fox Cities half Sept 22 is my favorite! (it's all the way up in Appleton though)

KCRuns

The Fox Cities half Sept 22 is my favorite! (it's all the way up in Appleton though)

Hmm, I do have a client up there, maybe I can figure out a way to expense that trip.

onemile

Hmm, I do have a client up there, maybe I can figure out a way to expense that trip.

yes!  It's a great race. Point to point course - mostly flat. Well run. It's usually cool. This will be my 7th one! There was only one hot year (2017)