Beginners and Beyond

RR:Kitteh's pregnant LA 13.1 with Pictures! (Read 402 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

More importantly......did you figure out how you managed to get pregnant?  Clown

Randy

Great job!

BruceD555

Great job and I loved reading the RR. It sounds like you had an awesome race and to conquer the hills with your fastest laps says a lot. I actually missed the writing on your shirt in the photos when reading through the RR and was trying to figure out how in the world people would know you were pregnant (when you were passing them by the turnaround). It was only when I got to the last photo and saw the sharpie that I figured it out. (BTW you do have that first trimester glow but not quite the 2nd tri "show") Again, kudos on a fabulous race!

Train smart ... race smarter.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your half, Kitteh!  Great report and photos.

I find if funny that you did 2:28 for your half while pregnant and that is my half marathon PR time for 'normal' running for me, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kitteh

So_Im_a_Runner--Thanks!! I think I could have had a decent shot at making my super-secret goal time of 2:20 if I hadn't skipped so many runs in the early weeks of training, and then also during the last 2 weeks leading up to the race. Oh well.

Lily--Thanks! We have been car-free by choice now for 4 years! Probably won't get one until we need it to cart 2 kids to and from school and activities. Who knows, maybe not even then!

LRB--I'm hoping that the post-baby boost that the elites seem to enjoy also applies to me! But I'll be working towards a sub 49 first! Who knows how long I'll be chasing that sub 48. Eventually, however, I plan to get there.

Namtor--I hope this baby comes out sprinting!! Maybe that will make my labor shorter than the 28+ hours I spent laboring with my daughter.

redrum--I haven't had the ols "Birds and Bees" convo with my 3 year old yet, but if you'd really like to know how I managed to get pregnant I could practice on you (the conversation part, I mean. Not the getting pregnant part)

Bruce--Oh I certainly beg to differ that I haven't got the 2nd tri show. Here is a picture of me the day before the race, wearing only the neon yellow undershirt and not the pinkish orange shell over the top:

The shell that I wore over it kind of tented from boobs to bump, and I guess the angle of the pictures further hides the look of the bump, but it is most certainly there! I'm honestly baffled as to how I managed to look so NOT pregnant in those race shots!

Scotty--Man, I wish you had been there to run my half along with me, then!

Kristin, Docket, Pinktastic, T-rod, Lilac-Jive, tracilynn, SheCan, Di2.0, Kristin79, and irishguy--Thanks for reading and for your kind words Smile

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

BruceD555

Kitteh: Well, OK ... I stand corrected! WOW, those race photos sure hide the belly well. The only race photo that gives any hint is the last one where your hand is below baby. Be careful on that hilly 10k ... your center of gravity by then might just cause you to topple over when you crest the hills. Smile

Train smart ... race smarter.