Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies (Read 30 times)

Cyberic

It should be fun but I am bringing earplugs.  Wish me luck...

The earplugs are because of the loudness or because it's just not your kind of music? I'm guessing it's the second option because as a drummer, you are used to loud music. What's YOUR kind of music?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Earplugs would not cut it for me, I would need to fully puncture both eardrums to be safe.

Oh, I agree. It's not so much the music I'm worried about, it's the 70,000 or more screaming girls.

Cyberic

Oh, I agree. It's not so much the music I'm worried about, it's the 70,000 or more screaming girls.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

The earplugs are because of the loudness or because it's just not your kind of music? I'm guessing it's the second option because as a drummer, you are used to loud music. What's YOUR kind of music?

It's funny, but I still listen to most of the stuff that I did when I was a kid; AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, U2, etc... There is not a whole lot of new music that I like, Beck, Foo Fighters (they are hardly new anymore) and maybe a few other songs here and there. . Fortunately I have satellite radio so I can still listen to the 90's grunge when I want, Soundgarden especially. I just really can't stand most of the new music. I like guitar, bass, and drums.

happylily

Earplugs would not cut it for me, I would need to fully puncture both eardrums to be safe.

LOL...

Good luck, Jack! I'm like you, I'm a dinosaur when it comes to music. My son says I like "dad rock".  Is that a new way kids have found to insult us?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

I like guitar, bass, and drums.

Same here

delicate flower

3 miles done, nice and easy. My first run in weeks. More later...

This is a positive development.

<3

B-Plus

I just checked the weather in Ottawa. Seriously, wtf? I need to pack my running gloves?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Enjoying a very tasty glass of Jim Beam's Red Stag Hard Cider, just perfect for this beautiful weather right now. I am in freaking heaven with the 60 degree temps during the day and just the thought of 46-50 degrees during tomorrow's 18 miler has me all giddy and excited 

Gonna eat spaghetti tonight, and then fix my lasagna for tomorrow night's dinner with family, we gonna set a table up outside with some chairs and enjoy the 68 degree temperature at sunset 

BE JEALOUS, BE VERY JEALOUS  

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)