Beginners and Beyond

Dog days of Saturdailies (Read 37 times)

LRB

5.3 for me early today.

Im traveling a shit ton for work these next few months so I will pop in when I can.

Please do. You can even start the thread a time or two, or a million.

DavePNW

This one was a Gem, but yeah I do not even know myself what the hell I am saying sometimes.

My main man DaveP Fresh Fish wouldn't waste more time than it takes to read a sentence trying to figure it out and I probably should do the same. lol

Whatever he writes, I just roll with it. 

Dave

LRB

Whatever he writes, I just roll with it. 

lol - That is so funny!

LRB

Yesterday, my kick was utterly destroyed.  With a long straightway to the finish, I kept procrastinating it, one guy on my shoulder, battling for 2nd and 3rd in a 5K that pays cash 5 deep.  When I finally judged that the move needed to be made, he gave me a couple yards and then dropped me like a bad punchline.  Ugh.  BUT, I always want a kick battle, and happened to lose this one badly.

No one is going to tell you how to race the mile (especially my clueless ass lol). But what I learned through trial and error is that a 200 meter acceleration, where you build up to an all out sprint the last 25 meters or so works best. Each of us has to find our own way though.

That is a great time nonetheless!

delicate flower

2.5 hours in the pool for me. I went to a different lane today so it wasn't quite as boring as usual!

Wow, that's impressive.  Do you have a swimming background?  60 minutes pretty much wears me out (noob).

<3

LRB

Lunch...or dinner. 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

No one is going to tell you how to race the mile.

I would if he asked me. Not that I'm an expert, but it's been my favorite race distance. I think at last count I had raced 1500m or the mile over 175 times.

Somehow all that experience didn't keep me from running two hard interval workouts in 3 days, then being disappointed that I was too tired to run long today in the heat. I only made it to 7.1 miles (11.4 km) before calling it a day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

I would if he asked me.

Well let's hear it.

Nice way to hang tough on your run. 11,400 meters is a long ass way to run in the heat.

cjones1

Lunch...or dinner. 

Yes please.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Little Blue

It's 84F/66F and I just finished 2.5 hours of yard work.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?  It's about the same here right now, and it's absolutely gorgeous.  I kayaked for 2.5 hours this morning.  This afternoon I washed my Jeep, the truck, and half the boat.  These days don't come around often in July!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We just landed and I am starving. Thanks for the tacos, LRB!

Damaris

B-Plus

No one is going to tell you how to race the mile (especially my clueless ass lol). But what I learned through trial and error is that a 200 meter acceleration, where you build up to an all out sprint the last 25 meters or so works best. Each of us has to find our own way though.

That is a great time nonetheless!

True story. I asked LRB and he wouldn't tell me. I'll ask WC next time. In the future, please abbreviate metre. I can't stand how you people misspell it 

LRB

True story. I asked LRB, and when he told me I was like lol. I ended up running my own race and PR'd like a mofo. 

Lemmie fix that up for ya. 

B-Plus

Lemmie fix that up for ya. 

It was an automatic PR though, as long as I finished 

LRB

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?  

The comment about the pirate boot should clear that up for you.