Beginners and Beyond

Get a Grip MonDAILIES (Read 37 times)

onemile

Well I'm in good company then. Big grin

Speaking of things that rarely happen; I saw a 50 in this weekend's forecast. That usually means that you'll get it first, yes?

Friday!

LRB

Friday!

Same here. I won't be running that day but Saturday has a 46 with sun, I'll take it!

Baboon

delicate flower

Please indicate how awesome you thought it was.

Not your kid's superhero movie!  I thought it was great.  A very good Marvel/X-Men movie complete with a good story and action, with the added element of graphic violence, language, nudity, and crude humor.  Loved the Deadpool/Colossus/bad guy final scene.  Smile

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill. Snow stopped, only to be replaced by sleet and freezing rain. It's supposed to warm up overnight and be in the mid 50s  tomorrow. Now this is the winter Maryland weather I am used to, bitter cold, snow, rain & warmth in the span of a few days.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not your kid's superhero movie!  I thought it was great.  A very good Marvel/X-Men movie complete with a good story and action, with the added element of graphic violence, language, nudity, and crude humor.  Loved the Deadpool/Colossus/bad guy final scene.  Smile

Ain't that the truth lol, although I did see quite a few kids in the Imax theater Sunday afternoon watching it, and by kids I mean kids around my nephew and niece's age - 7 and 10  Not only is there violence, gore but a scene with a whole lot of women's frontal nudity (boobs and crotch), and I swear I saw either Ryan Reynold's or his stunt double's penis and sack dangling during a fight scene............... I know they have things called modesty flaps or socks or whatever, but I thought those also kind of kept the jewels tucked...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Don't worry. I haven't seen it.

LRB

...and I swear I saw either Ryan Reynold's or his stunt double's penis and sack dangling during a fight scene............... 

This surprises no one. lol

onemile

Same here. I won't be running that day but Saturday has a 46 with sun, I'll take it!

I will get my February Shorts Run after all!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This surprises no one. lol

That I was the one who noticed, or that there would be a penis dangling quite obviously???

I'm supposed to see 50 as a high this Thursday, and then around 64 on Friday, lalalalalal!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That I was the one who noticed, or that there would be a penis dangling quite obviously???

I'm supposed to see 50 as a high this Thursday, and then around 64 on Friday, lalalalalal!!!!

That you saw one, I bet.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That you saw one, I bet.

hubby kept missing it, but I zoned right in 

PRs

DavePNW

Loved the Deadpool/Colossus/bad guy final scene.  

They definitely ended it the right way.

Dave

LRB

Here are some interesting graphs and numbers from the Olympic Trials for the curious.

workinprogress11

Here are some interesting graphs and numbers from the Olympic Trials for the curious.

Thanks for posting. That was interesting. I still can't get over the way Amy Cragg stuck with Shalane for so long when she clearly would have been able to post a faster time.

6 miles for me and then an hour of shoveling. Good times.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Thanks for posting. That was interesting. I still can't get over the way Amy Cragg stuck with Shalane for so long when she clearly would have been able to post a faster time.

With no doubt about qualifying for the Olympics, time was not an issue. The only differences, and monetarily a fairly significant one, was the prize money for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd along with the honor of being Olympic Trials champion. When it came to that with Linden closing the gap, is when Cragg sped up - and at that point there was no doubt about the top three unless Flanagan physically collapsed on the course before finishing.

When we get to the track trials, time may be an issue, especially for the 10000m, where it is not unusual for one or more of the top 3 finishers to not have an Olympic qualifying time.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.